• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Considering Putting together my own kit, anybody done it??

D
Mar 24, 2008
Idaho
Considering Putting a self build turbo on 09 D8, anybody done it??

Would it be worth it?? Or buy 4500 dollar kit??

What turbo is best? Blow off valve, controller, design? ??

Any other tips

thanks,

Last edited:
J
Dec 16, 2007
Years go into R&D of these kits. If you don't have alot of time and money to learn all of this. It will be cheaper to buy a kit.

P

POLARIS600cc

Nov 27, 2007
MN
I built my own setup. Didn't run as good as I wanted. Switched to silbers charge tube and airbox, and built 3" exhaust now it works awesome. If I would do it again I would just buy silbers kit. (at the time I built mine he was just starting out).

D
Sep 14, 2006
On the toilet
It will take 4x the time you think and 2x the $ you think. But, you will know everything about it and know how and why for everything. Thats the best part in my opinion.

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
Just look at the other kits out there see what you need and go for it.It's not like the old dfays where there was not much real info out there. these days theres tons of it so your chances are better than ever.

J
Dec 18, 2009
Salt lake City
You can't beat justin siblers kit! For the price or the customer support he supplies. You couldn't build your own set up for what he sales them for, besides that there is alot involved in it for one the programing of the controller and lots of other things.

PMSPOLARIS

Premium Sponsor
Premium Member
Feb 21, 2009
Ashton Idaho
www.pmspolaris.com
BIG BOOST TURBO by MTNTK

The best looking and performing turbo on the market is the BIG BOOST TURBO. It is the only true Bolt on turbo. What I am talking about is that it bolts on and with out any welding. You can bolt it on and return it back to stock when you are done and take the turbo and put it on your next sledd retaining the investment. You use the stock pipe. check it out on the web at www.pmspolaris.com we are a dealer for the BIG BOOST TURBO by MTNTK (mountain tek)

440dart

Jan 5, 2008
montana
go with silber check out his vids on youtube and thats with his old clutching the thing is nasty almost no lag and like i said thats his old clutching

1badcowboy

Oct 26, 2008
Elko NV
i run silbers kit also it peformans amazing. it only took a weekends to get my box all adjusted. and support is great

B

bdr68

Sep 5, 2008
my advice is buy a boondocker kit. I had a kit with the attitude control box that silber runs and I didn't like it. In my opinion the boondocker box is much more user friendly and more consistent, thats what I run on mine 09 D8. but if you want to still build your own I have a turbo I would sell. If your looking for a boondocker kit justin at coderedperformance is the way to go, the service and support doesn't get much better. With a BD kit it only takes minutes to tune and your done for the season.

Last edited:

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
my advice is buy a boondocker kit. I had a kit with the attitude control box that silber runs and I didn't like it. In my opinion the boondocker box is much more user friendly and more consistent, thats what I run on mine 09 D8. but if you want to still build your own I have a turbo I would sell. If your looking for a boondocker kit justin at coderedperformance is the way to go, the service and support doesn't get much better. With a BD kit it only takes minutes to tune and your done for the season.

With my BD kit it takes only minutes to screw up another set of pistons and you are done for the season. I have sent a bunch of pm's and spent a ton of time on the phone with different people at BD, with no solutions presented by them. :face-icon-small-dis

T

theshadowrider

Jan 27, 2010
Do you know what happened? Have you already posted your problem, maybe those online can help. I hate when things don't work right.

Premium Features