• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Togwotee pass....Favorite areas.

M

MTNDOO-

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 14, 2008
Ogden
We are heading up to join Dennis at the Turpin Meadow Ranch tonight and I am plotting some stuff out on the GPS.....

Just wondering from some of you veterans what your favorite areas are up there. Looking up high in the brooks lake area or we had some really good stuff last year on the south side of the highway.....

We are all experienced riders and can handle challenging terrain, so let me know.

TIA:)

M

MTNDOO-

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 14, 2008
Ogden
good luck gettin anyone to give up their honey holes!:D

This is a "forum" so I think your probably right.........but I figured I would give it a shot.
Everyone goes into protective mode for some reason but this is just a trip that we make ONCE a year and at the beginning to kick off the season. With or without pointers we will have a blast. Just looking for some places to get into some bigger bowls, hills, open areas that are fun as there will be still "low" snow conditions this time of year.

I don't think we are going to be able to poach anyones honey holes on 30" of snow.

skidooboy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
central lower michigan
mntdoo, dennis sounds like he is a guide in his own right, i am sure witht he proper persueding, he could take you to some new areas. you could also swing up to lava mountain lodge and try to find Matt (great local guide). or you could stop in to togwotee mountain lodge and sign up with carter or noah. any of these four will take you where the snow is and memories are made. might cost a few bux, but isnt it really worth it???

make sure you post some updates and pics. we are planning on heading out there next friday but i am on the fence with snow depth and weather. would love a perspective of someone who has been there. thanks in advance, hope you guys get dumped on and have a great trip. ski

M

MTNDOO-

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 14, 2008
Ogden
mntdoo, dennis sounds like he is a guide in his own right, i am sure witht he proper persueding, he could take you to some new areas. you could also swing up to lava mountain lodge and try to find Matt (great local guide). or you could stop in to togwotee mountain lodge and sign up with carter or noah. any of these four will take you where the snow is and memories are made. might cost a few bux, but isnt it really worth it???

make sure you post some updates and pics. we are planning on heading out there next friday but i am on the fence with snow depth and weather. would love a perspective of someone who has been there. thanks in advance, hope you guys get dumped on and have a great trip. ski

Thanks Ski- definately plan to talk to Dennis. I think we are going to head up into the Jules Bowl area at least one of the days behind brooks lake and then maybe hit the south side of the highway again on the other. Wherever the deepest snow is..........

S

snowfreakmn

Nov 27, 2007
The NO TELL and Kettle creek are 2 of my favs. It's a ways from the lodge but worth the effort IMO.

Premium Features