• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

P drive rollers

blastco2

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2012
se idaho
I have an 18 175x with 556 miles. Whilst installing a DJ clutch kit, noticed that the rollers were not turning free and smooth. Pulled the axles and found all to be dry with 1 set fubar. Roller and pin is $50.
FSM says they need to be greased with Isoflex but, no periocity. Apparently it must be more often than 550 miles.

Anyway, check your rollers. You can roll it with your finger tip. If it is not free and smooth....

C&tpowetsports has the tools you will need. No I am affiliated with them. Just trying to get ahead of the next question of how to take it apart.

So much for lifetime maintenance free clutch.....

Posted pics of the dead parts on DT. Couldn't get them posted here. If someone wants to move the pics over that would be okay with me.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
I have an 18 175x with 556 miles. Whilst installing a DJ clutch kit, noticed that the rollers were not turning free and smooth. Pulled the axles and found all to be dry with 1 set fubar. Roller and pin is $50.
FSM says they need to be greased with Isoflex but, no periocity. Apparently it must be more often than 550 miles.

Anyway, check your rollers. You can roll it with your finger tip. If it is not free and smooth....

C&tpowetsports has the tools you will need. No I am affiliated with them. Just trying to get ahead of the next question of how to take it apart.

So much for lifetime maintenance free clutch.....

Posted pics of the dead parts on DT. Couldn't get them posted here. If someone wants to move the pics over that would be okay with me.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Was told by a couple clutch gurus the rollers get the grease every 3 to 4 thousand miles. I suspect the mfg never greased your rollers?

jdog1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2007
Both of mine were good at 500 miles when i cleaned my clutches.

Premium Features