• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

B&M Fabrications Sneak Peek

Status
Not open for further replies.

B&M Fabrications

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Aug 3, 2011
North Branch, MN
www.bmfabrications.com
Couple quick pics for the new bumper for the Pro-Ride chassis from Haydays here. Bumper utilizes the same top bumper that we currently offer and adds additional protection under the front of the belly pan. Lower mount securely attaches to the lower part of the bulkhead. More info after haydays. Come stop and take a gander at it if you are out here.

Closed this thread and started a new one.

HERE IS A LINK TO THE NEW THREAD-

http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=381658

HERE IS A LINK TO THE FOR SALE THREAD-

http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthr...13#post3711213

uploadfromtaptalk1409960541476.jpg

Thanks,
Bryan

uploadfromtaptalk1409960580110.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1409960610371.jpg

Last edited:

B&M Fabrications

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Aug 3, 2011
North Branch, MN
www.bmfabrications.com
This will bolt through the skid plate to the bulkhead. It does not just attach to the plastic in the belly pan. I cannot post price on here since I am not a paid vendor. Availability will be a month out or so. Going to the New Hampshire grass drags and am planning to have some there for these.

Bryan.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
BM...

From a previous post of mine.

how do you plan on attaching the lower leg to the bulkhead?

It would be great if you could utilize the bolt in the middle bottom of the bulkhead with some sort of "U" bracket aft and some thing that ties into the fwd area without modifying the pan.

That middle bolt is surrounded by a pocket that would give good strength to the junction and distribute load on the bulkhead as well.

picture.php

Are your top mounts in internal configuration still the same as before with the mount location and cross tube from side to side near the upper mount??

ProRideFront7(640x480).jpg

ProRideFront4(640x480).jpg

B&M Fabrications

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Aug 3, 2011
North Branch, MN
www.bmfabrications.com
Top will utilize all of the same pieces that the existing one uses. (Cross bar, tabs that mount to the bulkhead) Lower attachment point will be two through bolts into the belly pan where there are two casting bosses in the bottom, there is 5/16 to 3/8 thick material there. We feel that attachment point still gives this bumper a break away point but also significantly stronger that just the upper bumper.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Is this the spot (RED) of the bulkhead you mount into on the bottom of the bulkhead?

What size fasteners are you using there?

Drill and tap... or through bolt with nut behind?

Pull pipe to install?

attachment.php

bulkhead.jpg

SnowBaller

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Grand Forks, ND
Thanks for all the information. I've been looking at many styles and brands of bumpers but none seem to have all the things I'm looking for in one package. This seems to be the ticket.

Nice work.

C

carman_65

Nov 15, 2008
SE Minnesota
I suppose there's no way to add that new piece onto one of your original bumpers is there? I've ran your first front bumper for two years now and really like it, but I love the looks of this design!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features