• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Age doesn't matter ... but what is our age?

How old are you?

• < 15

Votes: 7 0.9%
  • 16-20

Votes: 13 1.7%
  • 21-25

Votes: 46 6.0%
  • 26-30

Votes: 79 10.3%
  • 31-35

Votes: 106 13.8%
  • 36-40

Votes: 118 15.4%
  • 41-45

Votes: 118 15.4%
  • 46-50

Votes: 108 14.1%
  • 51-55

Votes: 85 11.1%
  • 56-60

Votes: 55 7.2%
  • 61-65

Votes: 16 2.1%
  • 66-70

Votes: 10 1.3%
  • 71+

Votes: 7 0.9%

• Total voters

up-high

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta Canada
I know 2 old guys that ride. :face-icon-small-hap They're 72/73 Neither one looks to be slowing down anytime soon! :clock::high5::lol::beer;:thumb:

TreewellDweller

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
McCall, Idaho
I know 2 old guys that ride. :face-icon-small-hap They're 72/73 Neither one looks to be slowing down anytime soon! :clock::high5::lol::beer;:thumb:

Glad to hear that there is still fun after 70. I'm closer to 60 than 50 and looking forward to more seat time on the Mountain Horse than the sled. Hope it works out that way!

up-high

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta Canada
You need to ride with ENERGIZER. Man don't know how to tell time! He'll be 73 this year(Lynn don't beat me if I'm wrong) and has no trouble keeping up!!

R

relentless rider

Jan 25, 2009
in the mountians western mt
I'm 29,been on bikes for 25 years now I can only hope to get another 40+ years in like some of you! But some days I can't hardly get out of bed now lol. After being a logger/ Sawyer, and now a railroader and lots of hard hits I hurt lol:present:

Last edited:
S
Nov 20, 2010
29. Many many many years of riding left! I want to be the old guy doing bad *** wheelies on a Supermoto in summer and snowbike in winter @ 75+ yrs old. I'm sure we'll have 150hp reliable snowbikes before I get to that age.

up-high, I just realized that I bought your kit from you. Ended up going to Ability hose and got a 5' brake line made for $70. Reverse bleeding it helped, but still needs some time to sort out the bubbles in the cold.

After seeing all the latest vids of guys riding in powder, I've got a mean itch to get out there. Too bad my schedule doesn't sync with many others. Over Xmas break I should make good use of it though!

I'm interested in knowing how Golden and Revy compare in terms of a 3 days riding destination from Calgary. Snow conditions, areas to ride, cost of hotels/fuel/food, and how close the riding areas are to the town etc.

C
Feb 25, 2012
Alberta
29. Many many many years of riding left! I want to be the old guy doing bad *** wheelies on a Supermoto in summer and snowbike in winter @ 75+ yrs old. I'm sure we'll have 150hp reliable snowbikes before I get to that age.

up-high, I just realized that I bought your kit from you. Ended up going to Ability hose and got a 5' brake line made for $70. Reverse bleeding it helped, but still needs some time to sort out the bubbles in the cold.

After seeing all the latest vids of guys riding in powder, I've got a mean itch to get out there. Too bad my schedule doesn't sync with many others. Over Xmas break I should make good use of it though!

I'm interested in knowing how Golden and Revy compare in terms of a 3 days riding destination from Calgary. Snow conditions, areas to ride, cost of hotels/fuel/food, and how close the riding areas are to the town etc.

My vote would be revy for sure. Lots of terrain, especially if you can meet up with guys that know the area. You can hit spots besides boulder or frisby where the majority of the people travelling to revy go. Also sicamous is about an hour away and has some awesome riding areas too.

I would think fuel/food/lodging would be comparable. Boulder /frisby is minutes outside of town, other areas are a little further away. The areas I've rode around golden are 1/2 hour + outside of town.

Last edited:
T

torkd

Oct 9, 2013
Alberta, Canada
23, I was rippin around on a 50cc Suzuki quad before i could walk and haven't quit. Race cross country/ hare scrambles in the summer and just got my first Timbersled. Been out on it three times now and I dont regret selling my sled for it!

Motogeek33

Lifetime Membership
Jan 23, 2009
North Idaho
23, I was rippin around on a 50cc Suzuki quad before i could walk and haven't quit. Race cross country/ hare scrambles in the summer and just got my first Timbersled. Been out on it three times now and I dont regret selling my sled for it!

So, if I'm reading your post right, you're still ripping around on a 50cc quad? :face-icon-small-win

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
bin sno bike'n fur awhile

got my first sno bike in the fall of 1964, so excited to have a shiney new Honda 55 I rode it year around. went to the woods, snowmobiles hadn't come to town yet, rode frozen logging roads and skid trails with home made tire chains, rode the bike around the local ski area until they threw me off so I had to go back to skiis. made it to the top of TV mountain in Missoula mt one nite on that azz kicking 55 and walked into the TV station transmitter station much to the surprise of the maintanance crew that had thundered up there in their tucker sno cat. brings tears to my eyes to think how stupid I was, all I had to do was wait until 2010 to buy a REAL sno bike. Patience.

Motogeek33

Lifetime Membership
Jan 23, 2009
North Idaho
got my first sno bike in the fall of 1964, so excited to have a shiney new Honda 55 I rode it year around. went to the woods, snowmobiles hadn't come to town yet, rode frozen logging roads and skid trails with home made tire chains, rode the bike around the local ski area until they threw me off so I had to go back to skiis. made it to the top of TV mountain in Missoula mt one nite on that azz kicking 55 and walked into the TV station transmitter station much to the surprise of the maintanance crew that had thundered up there in their tucker sno cat. brings tears to my eyes to think how stupid I was, all I had to do was wait until 2010 to buy a REAL sno bike. Patience.

That's an awesome story! I rode sleds and dirt bikes growing up in Libby, but I think there was always something about dirt bikes that I enjoyed more. As a teenager I used to ride around town in the winter on my dirt bike and see if I could climb the frozen snow banks on the edges of parking lots. I could never hang around in one place too long or the cops would show up and ruin the fun.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Turned 42 yesterday.

Still cooler than most 20 year olds though. :)
And I bet I can throw this football over that mountain.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
qe9e2u8u.jpg

I'm 44 going on 7 been riding dirt for 40 years and sleds for 35 race MX in the summer and can hold my own with the B kids, This is my first timbersled never even rode one but i will take a garbage can for a ride if you put a motor on it. Not selling sleds to many friends that just like to go for lunch, oh ya the wife likes the overnight back pack trips with the sleds.

C
Jun 27, 2014
34, bought my first bike in june, rode it twice. Hurt my back at work just had back surgery five days ago. Can't wait to get heeled up to ride. Rented a snow bike last winter four differnt times. Said I would own one for this year. So I got a 2015TS st to put on a 03 525sx......

steve250f@hotmail.com

Premium Member
Mar 20, 2008
Fort mcmurray ab
Only as old as you feel

These things are awesome got one 2 years ago ,had my dad(75) out my mine wouldn't give it back !!!! Have got 2 other buds converted over sleds are just too hard on the back an knees in the mountains were all over 53 . Thanks timbersled for enabling us too keep up with the young guys in trees , now they can't follow us lol

Premium Features