For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Ski-Doo: REV Gen 4 For the 2017 and newer REV Gen 4 Sleds

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2018, 05:33 PM
Currently: Pictures
ttheat has a brilliant futurettheat has a brilliant futurettheat has a brilliant futurettheat has a brilliant futurettheat has a brilliant futurettheat has a brilliant futurettheat has a brilliant futurettheat has a brilliant futurettheat has a brilliant futurettheat has a brilliant futurettheat has a brilliant future
Default What sled to buy my wife

I'm looking to buy my wife a new sled. She doesn't have much experience. She is 5'2 112lb. She is not a very good or aggressive rider. Any recommendations.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 03-12-2018, 06:19 PM
Currently: Not set.
Clutched Films has a reputation beyond reputeClutched Films has a reputation beyond reputeClutched Films has a reputation beyond reputeClutched Films has a reputation beyond reputeClutched Films has a reputation beyond reputeClutched Films has a reputation beyond reputeClutched Films has a reputation beyond reputeClutched Films has a reputation beyond reputeClutched Films has a reputation beyond reputeClutched Films has a reputation beyond reputeClutched Films has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wife sled

3 options or 3 different riding agenda.
1- good excuse for you to get a really nice backup sled!!! if your ride hard and are down every once in a while not a bad way to go
2- try something new buy her something you have thought about buying. Whether it a different brand or a different version of what you currently ride. Try a shorter track or paddle or longer then what you currently own.
3- buy her a 600 146 or 154 either brand Polaris cat doo you can't go wrong they are all very low maintenance and very reliable.

If you wanted a 600 I would buy her that new summit x 600R E-TEC 154 x 2.5 that is going to be a really fun sled in that G4 chassis.

Or do what I'm doing 850 Freeride 137 x 2.25 pretty much my dream sled for jumping and boondocking if the snow conditions are less then 2' or if its deep I always trade off and on throughout the day with my girlfriend if I want to ride both sleds that day. Short tracks are a lot of fun when everyone in your group has long tracks. Really just depends on what you ride and how often your wife goes with you.

The Following User Says Thank You to Clutched Films For This Useful Post:
goridedoo (03-13-2018)
Old 03-12-2018, 08:05 PM
Basic Member
slyrydr has a reputation beyond reputeslyrydr has a reputation beyond reputeslyrydr has a reputation beyond reputeslyrydr has a reputation beyond reputeslyrydr has a reputation beyond reputeslyrydr has a reputation beyond reputeslyrydr has a reputation beyond reputeslyrydr has a reputation beyond reputeslyrydr has a reputation beyond reputeslyrydr has a reputation beyond reputeslyrydr has a reputation beyond repute

intended use is important, as is area of the country, and snow type, i.e. heavy coastal vs dry, high altitude inland....my wife is also 5'2'' and not an aggressive rider, but will follow me until she rolls over or falls off, so i have to be careful where i take her....i'm in dry snow most of the time, 50% trail 50% easier off trail but frequently deep...i put her on a long track, 162-174, 2.5-3.0 inch lugs, she doesn't get stuck (i don't have to dig), 800 engine, she isn't going to take a run at a hill, she wants to approach carefully and add the power as she feels confident....needless to say, electric start...nice seat, good hand warmers, wind screen, easy steering....oh yeah, DEPENDABLE, cause i'm not going to get much help towing her out...anyway, these are the important points in my experience....one other thing, she's out there trying, help her and don't yell, be patient and you'll get good results and maybe laid

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following User Says Thank You to slyrydr For This Useful Post:
Matte Murder (03-13-2018)
Old 03-12-2018, 08:12 PM
Currently: Waiting on winter
julians has a reputation beyond reputejulians has a reputation beyond reputejulians has a reputation beyond reputejulians has a reputation beyond reputejulians has a reputation beyond reputejulians has a reputation beyond reputejulians has a reputation beyond reputejulians has a reputation beyond reputejulians has a reputation beyond reputejulians has a reputation beyond reputejulians has a reputation beyond repute

I bought my wife a 16 Skidoo 600 ETEC 154 2.5 inch lugs. She does pretty well on it on and off trail. She does better on my 850 165 off trail though, just easier to put on edge, but more tippy on trail.

Old 03-13-2018, 12:51 AM
Basic Member
powdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond repute

The G4 850 in a 165 by 2.5 .

Most of the ladies we ride with and let try out the different sleds prefer the summit G4 it is simply an easy to ride forgiving sled. The T motion makes it smooth and forgiving in uneven terrain. If she is not aggressive a bigger track and more power will allow here to go slower and still not get stuck. My better halve switched from a 600 to a 850 now she barely ever gets stuck anymore. She only ever uses full throttle for that second when she is about to get stuck , but that one-second has sure saved me a lot of digging out.

Old 03-13-2018, 12:54 AM
Currently: Let it snow !!!
donbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttheat View Post
I'm looking to buy my wife a new sled. She doesn't have much experience. She is 5'2 112lb. She is not a very good or aggressive rider. Any recommendations.
What kind of riding ... terrain ?

Suggest her to watch AMBER HOLT videos.

Old 03-13-2018, 09:19 AM
JJ_0909 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ_0909 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ_0909 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ_0909 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ_0909 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ_0909 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ_0909 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ_0909 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ_0909 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ_0909 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ_0909 has a reputation beyond repute

Day 3 on a sled. Ever.

Just went through this...

100% happy with what (she) bought.

154" Summit 850 SP 2.5" track with Shot - $10.5K OTD with warranty.

1) SHOT is a game changer for a lighter rider. This is a no brainer.
2) 2.5" track is more user friendly. Especially at light weight. When teaching, the rider needs to learn to spin the track to "cut" into the snow. The 3" can often hook up too much, and can also lift the skis a bit much. Especially for a newer rider.
3) 850. Go for it. More motor is going to help her in the long run, and even in the short run its a better call. Easier to have fun on the deep days. Very user friendly power curve. Better resale.
4) 154. The longer tracks are great, but at her weight, it'll already have the float of a 175. Just set the suspension up right.
5) Drop the bar. This is huge. Go to a 2" riser and cut her bar down. This is a game changer for her.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JJ_0909 For This Useful Post:
flyinjibbs (03-13-2018), Matte Murder (03-13-2018)
Old 03-13-2018, 10:14 AM
Currently: Dirt Bike Season!
eddy has a reputation beyond reputeeddy has a reputation beyond reputeeddy has a reputation beyond reputeeddy has a reputation beyond reputeeddy has a reputation beyond reputeeddy has a reputation beyond reputeeddy has a reputation beyond reputeeddy has a reputation beyond reputeeddy has a reputation beyond reputeeddy has a reputation beyond reputeeddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wife's Machine

Electric start!

The Following User Says Thank You to eddy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2018, 11:13 AM
Currently: Day dreaming of snow
jdog1 has a reputation beyond reputejdog1 has a reputation beyond reputejdog1 has a reputation beyond reputejdog1 has a reputation beyond reputejdog1 has a reputation beyond reputejdog1 has a reputation beyond reputejdog1 has a reputation beyond reputejdog1 has a reputation beyond reputejdog1 has a reputation beyond reputejdog1 has a reputation beyond reputejdog1 has a reputation beyond repute

MY wife loves her 18 g4 850 154. She can ride the crap out of it. She is a much more technical rider now.

The Following User Says Thank You to jdog1 For This Useful Post:
flyinjibbs (03-13-2018)
Old 03-13-2018, 11:52 AM
Basic Member
flyinjibbs has a reputation beyond reputeflyinjibbs has a reputation beyond reputeflyinjibbs has a reputation beyond reputeflyinjibbs has a reputation beyond reputeflyinjibbs has a reputation beyond reputeflyinjibbs has a reputation beyond reputeflyinjibbs has a reputation beyond reputeflyinjibbs has a reputation beyond reputeflyinjibbs has a reputation beyond reputeflyinjibbs has a reputation beyond reputeflyinjibbs has a reputation beyond repute

Got my wife a new 18 154 850 as well, and in one day was 10x the rider she was the last two years, mostly due to confidence, she just feels better on a skidoo than our previous set of Axys sleds. I struggled with length and chose the 154 3" thinking it would help prevent getting stuck since she never goes WOT and doesnt ride aggressive enough to get the skis up and doesnt climb much of anything considered steep, but she can if the need arises haha.

Anyway, its been an amazing choice for her and now I am green lighted to get my own new sled! Which after riding her 850 I am looking to get a 165 for myself and sell the Axys.

Curious about previous user mentioning the lower riser, I have thought about this but she says she is ok with how it is, but she doesnt know about tech stuff like this. She is 5'7, so I imagine a lower riser would help? Haven't really found much technical info for proper riser set up for body height...

Old 03-13-2018, 12:05 PM
JJ_0909 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ_0909 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ_0909 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ_0909 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ_0909 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ_0909 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ_0909 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ_0909 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ_0909 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ_0909 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ_0909 has a reputation beyond repute
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to JJ_0909 For This Useful Post:
flyinjibbs (03-19-2018)
Old 03-13-2018, 03:44 PM
blastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 03-13-2018, 04:56 PM
Currently: Great season with friends this year!
Thanked 1,116 Times in 577 Posts
Matte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 03-13-2018, 05:05 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 03-13-2018, 05:09 PM
Currently: Great season with friends this year!
Thanked 1,116 Times in 577 Posts
Matte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 03-13-2018, 07:33 PM
Chadly has disabled reputation

Click Here to Register

Old 03-13-2018, 08:55 PM
Xrider has a reputation beyond reputeXrider has a reputation beyond reputeXrider has a reputation beyond reputeXrider has a reputation beyond reputeXrider has a reputation beyond reputeXrider has a reputation beyond reputeXrider has a reputation beyond reputeXrider has a reputation beyond reputeXrider has a reputation beyond reputeXrider has a reputation beyond reputeXrider has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 03-13-2018, 09:18 PM
Basic Member
treeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond reputetreeboy has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 03-13-2018, 09:39 PM
Chadly has disabled reputation

Click Here to Register

Old 03-13-2018, 10:32 PM
Thanked 1,110 Times in 580 Posts
turboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to turboless terry For This Useful Post:
Matte Murder (03-15-2018)
Old 03-14-2018, 01:06 AM
Basic Member
powdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond reputepowdermuncher has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 03-14-2018, 08:16 AM

Click Here to Register

Old 03-14-2018, 11:08 PM
Thanked 1,110 Times in 580 Posts
turboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond reputeturboless terry has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 03-15-2018, 06:30 AM
Currently: Sled season!
Blk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond reputeBlk88GT has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 03-15-2018, 08:25 AM

Click Here to Register

Blk88GT (03-15-2018)