• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need ideas on camera mounting.

H

hurricane2

Nov 27, 2007
Getting kind of bored with the same old hemet mounted shots, it just does not show the terrain well. Give me some ideas for a cool spot to put the camera to give a better view of the action.

W

wag13

Jun 22, 2008
Spearfish,SD
I guess it would depend on your camera....but I have a Drift, and I like to use my handlebar mount and mount it to my shovel handle over my head.....more broad point of view....also like putting my suction cup mount on my hood and face the camera back at me.....thats also pretty cocky. If you wanted you could go completely bad azz and do what Treadway does...(skip to :54 seconds into the video to see what i mean)

Camera mounting???

Well, all I can say is put on your thinking cap and come up with a new an exciting position to put the camera. All the possible mounts for the helmet have pretty much been used. I like the mount that was just under the visor! Very clever. I will have to try that one myself. Buy an extra camera and point one forward and one backward and layer the two videos on one screen. One of my favorite mounting is dead center on the hood looking foward. If pointed just right, you won't even see your skiis. One thing though... the lower and further back on the machine that you mount your camera pointing forward, you will have snow on that lens in 30 seconds if your in powder. Unless your camera is suctioned to the top of your rear tunnel and pointing backwards, you will probably keep the lens clear. Thats my two cents!

HenryTheHammer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2017
Salt Lake City, UT
The Ram Mount stuff works really well. You can build your own kit for fairly cheap. They also have these adapters that let you cut your own length of PVC pipe so you can build whatever length arms you want.

Cerialsledder

SnoWest Badge Maker
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2013
Sault Ste Marie, MI
I love the front mount that you can pick up from Sled Solutions!

If that doesn't work then invest in a drone for even better shots!!! I usually have the drone flying with active track, a front mount go pro and I have two other action cams mounted to the front and the rear of my sled.

Premium Features