For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Electronics Beacons, GPS, communication systems, etc.....

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2011, 05:54 PM
Currently: Not set.
hurricane2 has a reputation beyond reputehurricane2 has a reputation beyond reputehurricane2 has a reputation beyond reputehurricane2 has a reputation beyond reputehurricane2 has a reputation beyond reputehurricane2 has a reputation beyond reputehurricane2 has a reputation beyond reputehurricane2 has a reputation beyond reputehurricane2 has a reputation beyond reputehurricane2 has a reputation beyond reputehurricane2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Need ideas on camera mounting.

Getting kind of bored with the same old hemet mounted shots, it just does not show the terrain well. Give me some ideas for a cool spot to put the camera to give a better view of the action.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 12-08-2011, 11:56 PM
Currently: Currently: Currently: Currently: Currently: Currently: Currently: Currently: Currently:
wag13 has a reputation beyond reputewag13 has a reputation beyond reputewag13 has a reputation beyond reputewag13 has a reputation beyond reputewag13 has a reputation beyond reputewag13 has a reputation beyond reputewag13 has a reputation beyond reputewag13 has a reputation beyond reputewag13 has a reputation beyond reputewag13 has a reputation beyond reputewag13 has a reputation beyond repute

I guess it would depend on your camera....but I have a Drift, and I like to use my handlebar mount and mount it to my shovel handle over my head.....more broad point of view....also like putting my suction cup mount on my hood and face the camera back at me.....thats also pretty cocky. If you wanted you could go completely bad azz and do what Treadway does...(skip to :54 seconds into the video to see what i mean)

Old 12-09-2011, 06:58 AM
Currently: Powderfreak56
Basic Member
Powderfreak56 has a reputation beyond reputePowderfreak56 has a reputation beyond reputePowderfreak56 has a reputation beyond reputePowderfreak56 has a reputation beyond reputePowderfreak56 has a reputation beyond reputePowderfreak56 has a reputation beyond reputePowderfreak56 has a reputation beyond reputePowderfreak56 has a reputation beyond reputePowderfreak56 has a reputation beyond reputePowderfreak56 has a reputation beyond reputePowderfreak56 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Camera mounting???

Well, all I can say is put on your thinking cap and come up with a new an exciting position to put the camera. All the possible mounts for the helmet have pretty much been used. I like the mount that was just under the visor! Very clever. I will have to try that one myself. Buy an extra camera and point one forward and one backward and layer the two videos on one screen. One of my favorite mounting is dead center on the hood looking foward. If pointed just right, you won't even see your skiis. One thing though... the lower and further back on the machine that you mount your camera pointing forward, you will have snow on that lens in 30 seconds if your in powder. Unless your camera is suctioned to the top of your rear tunnel and pointing backwards, you will probably keep the lens clear. Thats my two cents!

Old 08-26-2018, 11:43 PM
Basic Member
lucyjohn987 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powderfreak56 View Post
Well, all I can say is put on your thinking cap and come up with a new an exciting position to put the camera. All the possible mounts for the helmet have pretty much been used. I like the mount that was just under the visor! Very clever. I will have to try that one myself. Buy an extra camera and point one forward and one backward and layer the two videos on one screen. One of my favorite mounting is dead center on the hood looking foward. If pointed just right, you won't even see your skiis. One thing though... the lower and further back on the machine that you mount your camera pointing forward, you will have snow on that lens in 30 seconds if your in powder. Unless your camera is suctioned to the top of your rear tunnel and pointing backwards, you will probably keep the lens clear. Thats my two cents!
Good answer

Old 09-11-2018, 09:15 PM
Currently: On adrenaline!
Basic Member
burning_ac1d is an unknown quantity at this point

why dont you just GoPro?

Old 09-17-2018, 02:22 AM
Currently: waiting on snow check...
OhioMike1989 has a reputation beyond reputeOhioMike1989 has a reputation beyond reputeOhioMike1989 has a reputation beyond reputeOhioMike1989 has a reputation beyond reputeOhioMike1989 has a reputation beyond reputeOhioMike1989 has a reputation beyond reputeOhioMike1989 has a reputation beyond reputeOhioMike1989 has a reputation beyond reputeOhioMike1989 has a reputation beyond reputeOhioMike1989 has a reputation beyond reputeOhioMike1989 has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCnnmLVgbj4

Burandt and a lot of people are using this Rad3k kit. I'll be using this kit for some footage this upcoming season.

Old 10-02-2018, 10:28 PM
Basic Member
daydream is an unknown quantity at this point

I like the mount that was just under the visor.
gmail sign up

Old 10-05-2018, 12:31 PM
HenryTheHammer has a brilliant futureHenryTheHammer has a brilliant futureHenryTheHammer has a brilliant futureHenryTheHammer has a brilliant futureHenryTheHammer has a brilliant futureHenryTheHammer has a brilliant futureHenryTheHammer has a brilliant futureHenryTheHammer has a brilliant futureHenryTheHammer has a brilliant futureHenryTheHammer has a brilliant futureHenryTheHammer has a brilliant future

The Ram Mount stuff works really well. You can build your own kit for fairly cheap. They also have these adapters that let you cut your own length of PVC pipe so you can build whatever length arms you want.