• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2002 RMK 700 lights don't work...

B
Dec 10, 2007
I have switched out the voltage reg. i have taken the seat off and tried to find a short on the tunnel. (the lights on the gauges work so i guess there is not a short???) and yes i have replaced the bulbs. is it possible it could be the hi/low switch? also, my tail light wasn't working either and then i broke it and now it has bare wires. is it possible that those wires not connected could make an incomplete circuit and the volt reg could have been the problem? if someone could help me i would appreciate it!!

R
Nov 26, 2007
Michigan
I have the exact same sled with a similar problem. my lows don't work, i've tried everything, changed bulbs, followed wires, took apart the switch and i can't find the problem????

V
Dec 1, 2007
"is it possible it could be the hi/low switch?"

Yep. They melt. The new ones are made better. Buy new or do what my cheap friend did....... bypass with a jumper in the headlight pod.

I
Nov 26, 2007
Get some of those fancy chrome toggles from your local hardware store and wire them up. They fit perfectly next to your key.

Premium Features