• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 limited quantities?

Laundryboy

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2012
It's rumored on another forum that the 850 will be built in limited numbers. Anyone know for sure? If that's true I wonder why.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
If you had a step child that ugly, would you want them to clone it an unlimited number of times???????????

I think not!

Thing looks like a chipmunk with too many nuts in it's cheeks!

Sorry I could not stop myself, I have no useful information to add.

RyanC111

Lifetime Membership
Jan 11, 2013
Bozeman, MT
One dealer I spoke to regarding a snowcheck yesterday said that they had a set amount of 850s that there would going to be allocated. He made it seem that that number was a good bit lower than what he thought he could sell. But not sure how that relates to 'normal' years and numbers.

was1

Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
Yup limited numbers! Just talkedd to my dealer and he is allocated 29 g4 summits,29 mxzs etc! needless to say put my deposit down!

J
Oct 21, 2015
Minnesota
Likely a marketing tactic to increase demand and keep prices high.

exactly...

To the post above ^
So your telling me if I wait until the last day to order in April and say to my dealer, hey I have made up my mind and want an 850 Summit. He's going to say, nope sorry, they only are made a handful and we are sold out... You'll have to wait until next year.
Highly doubt that.

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
I would guess/hope that the limited number being talked about is in season summits (SP)? I thought that was the whole point of snow checking, to guarantee you get what you want.

This is what I heard. They will for sure build any that get snow checked but the in season numbers might be lower because of the amount of Snowchecks if that number is high.

daneo

Lifetime Membership
Nov 23, 2011
NORTHERN B.C.
They are limited numbers, we are told once we sell our allocation we are done!! no more so basically if we are allocated 25 850 sleds if they are all snowchecked we will have no in season to sell and if we sell those 25 in a week we can not sell anymore(unless they decide to change something)

Last edited:

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
If you had a step child that ugly, would you want them to clone it an unlimited number of times???????????

I think not!

Thing looks like a chipmunk with too many nuts in it's cheeks! .

Or, maybe its a newly designed "forward saddle bags" option. . .?

Saddle Bags.JPG

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
This could definitely be a real possibility. Skidoo did this in 1993 with the Mach Z triple and Polaris did this as recently as 2008 with the snowcheck 800 Dragon. Polaris dealers were originally only allowed 2 sleds during snowcheck. They then flooded the Dragon's in the late winter early spring. Both of these examples were with first year engines.

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
Or, maybe its a newly designed "forward saddle bags" option. . .?

So the only thing you guys can say against this new chassis is it looks like it has saddle bags? Lol. Must be pretty good then. But really the reason we have those saddle bags is to carry all the spare engines and parts your poo will need while riding with us.

snoblind04

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Western Wyoming
I don't think they're going to be that hard to get. They limited the first year T3's and everyone that wanted one could get one. The dealer I talked to said he's getting quite a few, just not as many as he'd like.

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
So you guys think if they have 5000 people that want sleds they are only gonna build 2500? Sounds like a good way to run A business. :face-icon-small-dis

Premium Features