• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Just some advice on 2 wheel install

A
Dec 1, 2012
Plain, WA.
So I finally received the 2 wheel kit for my 03 800 from SLP I was going to cut down the stock axle but decided to keep it intact just in case. Anyway just wanted to pass on this tip on the install. The manufacturer suggest you remove the skid for the install, after looking things over before I started, I figured that if you could remove the 3 wheel set up without removing the skid than the 2 wheel should slip right in and it did! So what u need to do is take out the bolt on one of side of the stock axle then you can pull the other side out slipping the whole solid axle from the sleeves the whole inner assembly will fall apart and come out. Now drill out the rivets for the adjusters and take them out, assemble the wheels and washers per the mfg. instructions because the adjuster cones only have a 3/16 shoulder its easy to drop it in the skid by just pulling the ends of the skid apart slightly there is more than enough give without bending anything I did it by hand. It may be tough drilling out the rivets and tightening the nuts for the reinstall of the adjusters but it saves a hell of a lot time and frustration trying to get the skid in alone. Hope this helps.MOD ON ?

A
Dec 1, 2012
Plain, WA.
First ride with new 2 wheel set-up

Took the 800 out for the first ride with the 2 wheel set up and man did it make a difference. I was in 3 foot of pow and rolling over was a breeze if u like sidehillung and Boondocking you gotta so this MOD its not a pro or axcis but its a new sled. MOD ON !

Premium Features