• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

bmp durability kit

wfieldin

Lifetime Membership
Jul 28, 2009
Denver
Both kits I spoke about earlier have higher compression heads, one is custom cc due to the porting the other is the high altitude on a turbo to boot.

The Bob

Premium Member
Mar 1, 2008
MN
Ran one in my Mono all last year. I also have installed alot of "the fix kits", I was surprised that the Wossner Piston BMP uses was not just a AC 800 copy (previous kits I installed where just Wiseco M8 pistons). I will be running and installing more of the BMP kits in the future. I was primarily a Wiseco guy and had really good luck with them in the 800 CFI's, but really like the Wossner's designed by BMP. Will be running there 875 or 860 pistons next year.

I do like the long rod kits, but after you put new pistons in with it, your $1500.00 deep. Also when talking to some Polaris guru's (including employee's), that might not be the fix either.

stocksucks!!

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2008
fort st john b.c
www.powderking.com
So I just installed the bmp fix kit. 2800 miles stock piston looked fantastic. Defiantly didn't need to replace but hey I was in there that deep. Problem I had when I was in that deep I didn't get all the coolant out of the jugs. Well you all can guess what happened. A bunch went into the crank tried to get it all out. But aside from pulling whole motor did the best I could leaving it in. Installed all new parts from kit buttoned back up. Did start up started right away and idled a little low but 12 seconds later idled fine. Ran it at idle until 170 degree f and shut off. Lots of oil crap out the exhaust but that was to be expected. I have now done 7 heat cycles not a lot of oil comes out when running but leave her over night 10" pool on garage floor. Am I screwed or will it clean it self up? Also it starts easy and runs good have even done some 30 seconds at 5000 rpm and a few wot for a second. Any advice or help is appreciated tahnks

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
So I just installed the bmp fix kit. 2800 miles stock piston looked fantastic. Defiantly didn't need to replace but hey I was in there that deep. Problem I had when I was in that deep I didn't get all the coolant out of the jugs. Well you all can guess what happened. A bunch went into the crank tried to get it all out. But aside from pulling whole motor did the best I could leaving it in. Installed all new parts from kit buttoned back up. Did start up started right away and idled a little low but 12 seconds later idled fine. Ran it at idle until 170 degree f and shut off. Lots of oil crap out the exhaust but that was to be expected. I have now done 7 heat cycles not a lot of oil comes out when running but leave her over night 10" pool on garage floor. Am I screwed or will it clean it self up? Also it starts easy and runs good have even done some 30 seconds at 5000 rpm and a few wot for a second. Any advice or help is appreciated tahnks

mop up best you can with gasoline on the oil stain and then kitty litter to soak up the rest.

Premium Features