• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boost It fuels my RG Twisted Turbo

bart0678

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
The reason for the high volume in tank pump is to eliminate the need for two. the pump being in the tank keeps it cooler and eliminates the need for extra wires/ hoses. Neil correct me if im wrong but the boost-it system will work on any application where an extra set of injectors is present. your fuel pressure and fuel pressure regulator will remain the same as before, assuming your a 1:1 with an initial pressure somewhere in the neighborhood of 38-44lbs. the boost-it box will simply tie into your extra injectors leaving the stock harness hooked up to the stock injectors.
In short, your previous turbo fuel system should work just fine with the boost-it box.
hope this helps
adam

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
The reason for the high volume in tank pump is to eliminate the need for two. the pump being in the tank keeps it cooler and eliminates the need for extra wires/ hoses. Neil correct me if im wrong but the boost-it system will work on any application where an extra set of injectors is present. your fuel pressure and fuel pressure regulator will remain the same as before, assuming your a 1:1 with an initial pressure somewhere in the neighborhood of 38-44lbs. the boost-it box will simply tie into your extra injectors leaving the stock harness hooked up to the stock injectors.
In short, your previous turbo fuel system should work just fine with the boost-it box.
hope this helps
adam
Yes that pretty much sums it up.
I have to admit that I am not familiar with what the 2stroke sleds were running for fuel pumps prior to last season, but I know the stock in tank pumps on all of the 2012 two strokes seem to work fine up to at least 12-14 lbs boost with extra injectors.
This is a guess, but rising rate regulators and aftermarket pumps were used to try and squeeze enough fuel out of stock injectors in order to fill fuel requirements.
With extra injectors, it is much easier to supply ample amounts of fuel for higher boost levels.
One of the reasons that the XiC works so well, is that the stock system is left alone to do what it does, and it does the same thing every time. We only add the fuel needed for the boost that the customer wants to run.
We can actually build a map for any motor/turbo/fuel delivery configuration, but it is easier for us to send out a preset map for a common configuration of injector size, fuel pressure, etc.
If the customer has a good understanding of the xic functions, then tuning is very simple and is done right on the controller. Because we do not tune oem injectors, it is simple.
The oems have spent countless hours of tuning for these motors, so why go in and mess around with it, when you can add just the fuel needed for boost.

Vertical-Extreme

Lifetime Membership
Sep 15, 2008
Airdrie, Alberta
www.airdriejudo.ca
That's great. Thanks for the info. WHEN I upgrade to boost it. I will switch to the in tank pump because that is what has been proven to work thus far. It is a cleaner, simpler set up than multiple pump system. I'm also looking hard at the 2863 and or a 2867 gtx upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rusty rider

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2008
Middle of the West
Where did you guys tie in the green wire for the tach signal?

Is anybody using the white wire for a wideband or O2 on theirs?

Where are you guys tying into for fused power for both the boost it box and the injectors? Im going from the attitude box wiring twisted m1000.

Last edited:

Snowedunder

Premium Member
Mar 27, 2008
BC
boost it

Just finished installing my new boost it box on the 07 m1000. I tied my tach signal into the purple or violet wire from the hood harness, as mine is mounted on the front of bulk head, looks nice and fits great there,also real close to the air box for my boost signal. Niel had just sent out a new map which i installed, with the help of Niel over the phone, so with that being said will be going out this sun to get it fine tuned i hope. Would be nice to here from other cat 1000 guys on how things are working out.

T

Turbo Monster

Nov 26, 2007
Hinton Alberta
I had the boost-it instaled on my m1000 ovs turbo and it is running lean in the midrange before seeing boost. I need to I stall a 1:1 regulator as ovs is a 2:1. With neils new map this should fix it. But it will be 2 weeks before I even get to try it

R

raggededge

Aug 18, 2008
whats the update on boost it and the m1000 i just ordered one from the racingstation hope they are working good it would be sweet to get that little sputter out of the bottom end. btw racingstation is so awesome to deal with.

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
I'm just installing mine this week hopefully i will be out for the weekend. I'm trying to be sure where to get power for the boostit box and inject. 3amp max and my afr look like 2.5 amps for guage and sensor. My plan is 8/10 lbs Probably start around 8 and get it worked out from there. I'm told there is a big difference from 8 to 10

Last edited:

Polarisrocks

Lifetime Membership
Sep 22, 2002
Eastern Wa
I had mine out the weekend before last and it ran really good. I had my base fuel a little higher than neils reccommended setting.. I think i took out my reeds on the prior ride so i had a low end bog stumble and a low rough idle.. So i have new reeds going in it for this weekend and I am going to try stacking stock reeds with some carbon tech mt's. The one thing i can reccomend is plan to take a morning and tune it in the same elevation, then change your threshold as needed.. I tried to just ride my sled up the trail and tune but it made it a bit harder since i was climbing fast in elevation. ALso load the sled in the trees on an incline and see if your a/f is the same, you may need to change your threshold if your towing someone out also..as you are really loading the motor..
The more the load, the more fuel it wants.. So dont tune it on a slight incline or flat field and expect it to work on a big hill at low speeds or towing..

Hope this helps

Jim

R

raggededge

Aug 18, 2008
Installed my boost it box today on my twisted turbo m1000 and started it and the mag side completely floods out pretty sure the injectors are stuck on anyone have experience with this.

M

Modedmach1

Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks, Alaska
Installed my boost it box today on my twisted turbo m1000 and started it and the mag side completely floods out pretty sure the injectors are stuck on anyone have experience with this.

Make sure your injector wires are in the #1 & #2 inj connectors in the box. Just went thru this & had a wire hooked up wrong, had them in #2 & #3.

R

raggededge

Aug 18, 2008
just a update on the boost it box it is awesome I love it, it work so much better, had a problem with the first box I got thanks to racinstation and turbo performance they got me a new box and it worked perfect awesome ride today, and yesterday.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Great to hear you like it man!!

It is a BIG improvement over standard boxes, especially on the M1000.

Polarisrocks

Lifetime Membership
Sep 22, 2002
Eastern Wa
Had mine out yesterday and it flat out ran awesome.. Having a tial housing, external wastegate, and the boost-it makes for about the smoothest cleanest running set up. Thanks Neil and Ovs..

Jim

rusty rider

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2008
Middle of the West
I had my machine out all last week, it ran soooooo much better than with the attitude box its not even funny. I can just hear in my go pro vids from last year to this last week alone. The feel while riding is very noticeable, much cleaner on bottom. The box is so easy to use, and every few points of fuel make a difference. No guessing on what colors are doing what anymore, I can look at #'s now. Thanks to polaris rocks and neil I got my machine running very well!

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
Yes that pretty much sums it up.
I have to admit that I am not familiar with what the 2stroke sleds were running for fuel pumps prior to last season, but I know the stock in tank pumps on all of the 2012 two strokes seem to work fine up to at least 12-14 lbs boost with extra injectors.
This is a guess, but rising rate regulators and aftermarket pumps were used to try and squeeze enough fuel out of stock injectors in order to fill fuel requirements.
With extra injectors, it is much easier to supply ample amounts of fuel for higher boost levels.
One of the reasons that the XiC works so well, is that the stock system is left alone to do what it does, and it does the same thing every time. We only add the fuel needed for the boost that the customer wants to run.
We can actually build a map for any motor/turbo/fuel delivery configuration, but it is easier for us to send out a preset map for a common configuration of injector size, fuel pressure, etc.
If the customer has a good understanding of the xic functions, then tuning is very simple and is done right on the controller. Because we do not tune oem injectors, it is simple.
The oems have spent countless hours of tuning for these motors, so why go in and mess around with it, when you can add just the fuel needed for boost.

Sounds like a super easy system to tune. bottom line is you run on the stock OEM programing on the stock injectors and then add fuel for boost. and a 1:1 raising rate fuel pressure regulator.

But I have found that when I chop the fuel after a good hard pull my AF numbers really get out of hand. How do you guys add some extra fuel after a full hard pull? Or do you even worry about seeing 17+ on the AF.

I assume your back on the stock map as you get out of it right?

Thunder

rusty rider

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2008
Middle of the West
Sounds like a super easy system to tune. bottom line is you run on the stock OEM programing on the stock injectors and then add fuel for boost. and a 1:1 raising rate fuel pressure regulator.

But I have found that when I chop the fuel after a good hard pull my AF numbers really get out of hand. How do you guys add some extra fuel after a full hard pull? Or do you even worry about seeing 17+ on the AF.

I assume your back on the stock map as you get out of it right?

Thunder

The boost it box is more exact on fueling than the attitude, I had no issues after really long pulls seeing any lean af #'s on mine. It just flat out runs very well. It exceeded my expectations of how I thought it would run before I installed it.

Premium Features