• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boost It fuels my RG Twisted Turbo

Snowedunder

Premium Member
Mar 27, 2008
BC
turbo

So Dave was that with a 3076? how many lbs were you running once you got it tuned.

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
So Dave was that with a 3076? how many lbs were you running once you got it tuned.
I probably had more WOT pulls on it then Dave did, and the small gauge is really hard to see, especially when your doing over 80 mph.
It looked to be around 8-9 lbs.
Most of my effort was spent looking at the wideband to confirm proper 02 values.
I liked the way you could hold it part throttle on boost for as long as you wanted without it going lean or rich. The Doo, Poo, and proclimbs we have running are the exact same way.

E

everytime5.9

Jan 23, 2009
IDAHO
i understand the basic concept of the boost it box but im curious to know what the advantage is over a regular box?

The idea is that the OEM spent big bucks figuring out their mapping and fuel curves. And that the aftermarket solution before was to add a $350 piggyback controller to alter the fueling needs of the stock system. The boost it or extra injector controllers have been used for quite some time and are nothing new in the automotive world. The principle was not to try and beat the stock ecu for controlling off boost situations or low speed idle etc... Let the stock system do what it was designed for when off boost and only add additional fuel when the stock system leaves off or cannot provide enough. It's a simple solution that has been used for quite some time, and like most sledding products they stem from automotive segment.

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
The idea is that the OEM spent big bucks figuring out their mapping and fuel curves. And that the aftermarket solution before was to add a $350 piggyback controller to alter the fueling needs of the stock system. The boost it or extra injector controllers have been used for quite some time and are nothing new in the automotive world. The principle was not to try and beat the stock ecu for controlling off boost situations or low speed idle etc... Let the stock system do what it was designed for when off boost and only add additional fuel when the stock system leaves off or cannot provide enough. It's a simple solution that has been used for quite some time, and like most sledding products they stem from automotive segment.
That sums it up pretty well. Thanks.
In addition to what 5.9er is saying, the Extra Inj Controllers (EIC's) have advanced in technology. Some of the earlier ones simply turned on when they would see boost pressure, then they advanced so they would read a tach pulse and fire every tach pulse so as rpm went up, the pulse would go up. Then with the addition of map sensors the EIC would pulse the injectors for RPM and the amount of boost.
To my knowledge we are the only ones on the market that can tune a EIC from the controller in 250 rpm increments. We also have a very easy adjustment for fuel start time, which is critical when tuning out that nasty lean bog when the stock injectors run out and the secondarys have not kicked on, or the primary's are tuned with enough fuel but you don't know what mode to be in or what color light does what.
Our mandate has been to keep it stupid simple, and make it adjustable on the hill with no laptop required. We have a wide range of adjustability, and we don't touch the stock fuel map.
We also have not had one failure of our XIC controller in over 200 units sold. We have had a couple cases where the software was not properly loaded, but that was fixed easily.
I build all base maps in house before the unit is installed or shipped and only minor tuning is required after that. I can build a base map on the XIC in about 30 seconds without a laptop.

Polarisrocks

Lifetime Membership
Sep 22, 2002
Eastern Wa
I am putting together a 09 M1000 with some tial ovs parts and soo glad neil has the boost it working on these.. Cant wait for some time in the shop to start on a new project..

Polarisrocks

Lifetime Membership
Sep 22, 2002
Eastern Wa
I am gonna use cutler billet throttle bodies that have a second spot for secondary injectors.. not sure which injector to run yet.. prob another set of cat ones.

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
I am gonna use cutler billet throttle bodies that have a second spot for secondary injectors.. not sure which injector to run yet.. prob another set of cat ones.

You should call Neil and ask him which injectors to use,you want his harness to hook up to them.Mine are just the ones that come with the Twisted Kit.

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
So I did go out on the weekend to ride in Revelstoke,we rode into Turtle and had a great time.
I went out on a new build,new M1000 with Twisted Turbo running the Attitude fuel box.
I am totally disappointed in the bog and stumble while running the Attitude box.As I came down from a climb it would load up on fuel and bog bad.
No matter what we did we could not get it to run without going to rich and sputtering all over the place.
Next time out I will bring both sleds and do some compairisons of the two on film...

S

Sparx

Dec 23, 2007
Fort McMurray, Alberta
I like my Pure Logic box, I think it works as designed. Not to say I don't think the Boost It would work less, if anything I say better. In the end everything on my sled has been set to factory other than boost fueling. If anything sometimes I subtract a bit of fuel here and there for downhill and powder carving with my exhaust buried in the snow with the side dump. I see the whole point of the system and agree 100% that the factory maps work pretty damn good from what I have experienced even on my '07 M1000 Piped and full intake.

I like the adjustments on the advancement feature as I think that makes a big difference especially from rider to rider. I have the Boondocker Box on the M1000 and the Pure Logic (for me) seems so much easier and quicker to tune. You look down and SEE what setting it is adjusting for not with the Boondocker thinking your in mid or high setting or what RPM your gauge is telling you or really at? I know you can get the Nitrous button, but in the end, I can't see myself setting up a sled any faster than I can on the Dobeck style boxes...

Good work on any aftermarket product, never too many out there and keeps the sport improving like it is! :face-icon-small-hap

Snowedunder

Premium Member
Mar 27, 2008
BC
boost it fueler

I am looking forward to the start of this riding season, will be great hearing how all the sleds new to the boost it controller are running, and how the tuning is going .I will be running one on the 07 tm1000, just going to start with the box, then maybe the electric boost controller.Hope to fall back in love with this sled.

Premium Features