• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 Carbon fiber proclimb 800 project

bgraff1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Lloydminster, Alberta
Hey fellas I have had the pleasure to see a feel this unit for myself, wowww! WKR is building some of the best sleds from Cat this year, very clean and well thought out. I have just order a carbon T1100 from him, pumped to say the least. Kerry knows his sh!t plane and simple, let than man work and he will always impress.

Thanks WKR (Kerry)

Megaton "lets smash a Nytro!!!!!"

Just double your order kris and get me one while your at it! Lol

W

WKR

Nov 27, 2007
western canada
noooooo

Do they build them for Yammis?

no, youd have to make it with a helium tube frame and attach a hot air balloon to make it light enough with carbon lol!!! just kidding (or am I???). not enough demand, when you look at sled purchased, there are far more 800 2 strokes purchased than 4 strokes and thus C3 looks to go after the highest percentage of market share available, just a business decision, nothing against yammies. you can build an 800 cat that weighs under 400lbs and has 200hp for $25000, which is extremely economical for that kind of power to weight.

W

WKR

Nov 27, 2007
western canada
2012 carbon fiber (C3 powersports) proclimb 800
162"
nextech rear skid full carbon 34lbs
C3 belt drive
culter stage 3 turbo
linderman built motor
hood, tank, and tunnel carbon fiber
fox evol x front shocks
culter redline gauge
c3 post forward kit

408 lbs, 300hp! can't wait.

should add this sled is $40000 for those wandering. I could build a version of it for $30000 having done it once now. it would still be around 420lbs and 250hp. there are some more eco skid options. as well as turbo options. could also get it under 400lbs with a few more mods quite easily.

skibumm

Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2004
Utah
no, youd have to make it with a helium tube frame and attach a hot air balloon to make it light enough with carbon lol!!! just kidding (or am I???). not enough demand, when you look at sled purchased, there are far more 800 2 strokes purchased than 4 strokes and thus C3 looks to go after the highest percentage of market share available, just a business decision, nothing against yammies. you can build an 800 cat that weighs under 400lbs and has 200hp for $25000, which is extremely economical for that kind of power to weight.

Ya I talked to them. Thanks though. So I noticed the "heavy" jab there... ha ha! BTW, I can build a 460ish pound nypex with 400ish HP for $25-30K. Not to shabby!

W

WKR

Nov 27, 2007
western canada
Ya I talked to them. Thanks though. So I noticed the "heavy" jab there... ha ha! BTW, I can build a 460ish pound nypex with 400ish HP for $25-30K. Not to shabby!

you got any pics of that nypex? would love to see it, i have never heard nor saw anything branded yamaha under 500 pounds, but that may just be my limited exposure to the yamaha's. I would consider riding a nitro if it could be brought down to 460. Very interested to see one of these units, so please post a link if you could. thanks.

skibumm

Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2004
Utah
I have a digital dyno scale here at work. I will pick one up with the forklift and take some pics. I was going to fill her full of fuel, extra quart of oil, and tool kit, and see what it weighs ready to ride. Then we can do the math and pull the weights for a "dry" weight. I believe Fuji's Nypex from CR Racing is around 460ish as well. I think Chad already weighed that one "dry". Many of the same components on both sleds so they would be close. I think Fuji is running reverse so that would be a few pounds. They should be close though. We also have a stroker nytro that we want to weigh. Could be a few pounds lighter with the nytro engine. Also going to weigh the "old" apex and see what it weighs as well.

This is a pic of the stroker.

Stroker Nytro.jpg

Last edited:
W

WKR

Nov 27, 2007
western canada
Here is the link to Fuji's. This sled is running moly and carbon. The stroker is running Ti and carbon and without reverse so the orange sled should be lighter.

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=259464

Says 620 full.
yes i saw these, sick sleds, randy's is over 40g to build and is nowhere near 460lbs. I have talked to a couple of guys who built the titanium nypexs, but they are way over 40g to build and the lightest anyone has reported was in the jsut a touch under 500lbs. making the claim of 460lbs 400hp for 25g is impressive but lets see some supporting facts and not because i am trying to rag on you but simply because i am very interested as i am sure there are many others who would be as well.

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada

460 and 620 are practically the same. I can see how you could easily confuse the two.

And to do that for 10 15 thousand, what a steal. Sign me up for two.

skibumm

Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2004
Utah
Come on now! The 620 number is wet and full of fuel. Doing the math and pulling the fuel and oil, dropping the reverse, going. Ti and fiber instead of moly, throw a 162 track instead of 174 and your already below 500. I said 460ish and 25-30K. The 460ish number would be a dry number just as the above claims are dry numbers. So I might be 480 for 30K. That is why I left a little wiggle room. With Paul's resources I can get ahold of a cheap nytro bulkhead and apex engine. If someone else were to gather the parts it might be more. It might be less too. I'm not trying to sell sleds here, just saying what could be done. I started with a simple question about the drive and wkr decided to jabb the yammies. When I get a chance I will weigh the sleds like I said I would. Let's see the scale on the carbon fiber units you have. Sounds like your numbers are "ish" as well. Using the smart phone I can't read the scale above. What does it say anyway? BTW, I think you have an awesome build. Not knocking your product, in fact I would love to have one of yours and one of Paul's in my stable!

Last edited:
W

WKR

Nov 27, 2007
western canada
Come on now! The 620 number is wet and full of fuel. Doing the math and pulling the fuel and oil, dropping the reverse, going. Ti and fiber instead of moly, throw a 162 track instead of 174 and your already below 500. I said 460ish and 25-30K. The 460ish number would be a dry number just as the above claims are dry numbers. So I might be 480 for 30K. That is why I left a little wiggle room. With Paul's resources I can get ahold of a cheap nytro bulkhead and apex engine. If someone else were to gather the parts it might be more. It might be less too. I'm not trying to sell sleds here, just saying what could be done. I started with a simple question about the drive and wkr decided to jabb the yammies. When I get a chance I will weigh the sleds like I said I would. Let's see the scale on the carbon fiber units you have. Sounds like your numbers are "ish" as well. Using the smart phone I can't read the scale above. What does it say anyway? BTW, I think you have an awesome build. Not knocking your product, in fact I would love to have one of yours and one of Paul's in my stable!

No worries, not trying to insult anyone here either. i will alsways take jabbs at yammies, just the way it goes. The pic of the scales says 407.5lbs. This sled will be 480lbs full of fuel when it is 100% complete. Its certainly not the lightest out there but will do the trick for me. Again do not take any of this chit personal, to many people get to offended by the words we type, they seem to always read to far into the script and feel that it is directed at them personally. My remarks above are directed at no one in particular, no more than spouting out some retort about yammies with my buddies around the table with beer in hand. Lots of guys I ride with are on boosted yammies and they work. doen't matter though, i will always remind them of the name on the side of there sleds as i shovel there asses out! lol cheers!

skibumm

Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2004
Utah
Right on! How much do you ride Revy? Would love to see the machine in action. I come up to Revy 3 or 4 times a year. Let's go for a ride........
Then we will see who is digging who out!!!! LOL!:becky::peace::boink:
Cheers! You might just end up selling me one of those sweet machines!

BTW, what are the gearing choices for the Pro on that drive?

B

BCP

Feb 26, 2008
Bay City
Sweet sled

How come you are selling the redline gauge before you even ride it??
I was thinking of getting the CPC/Redline and have only talked to the Tapios at Jackhole and they liked it so far yet that was in March - any input would be greatly appreciated!!

K

knifedge

Dec 20, 2009
Colorado
--Why even consider building a sled for 25K plus on a chassis design that is outdated? I understand the HP potential of the 3 or 4 cyl motor, but really, the chassis design is outdated regardless of what it is made of. Kind of like building out a Chevelle because it has a 396 -- straight line only. --Imagine that kind of money put into a M1100T -- overall, alot more capable sled for alot less money. M1100T is more capable in every area compared to Yamaha, except maybe max HP potential.

Premium Features