• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boondocker Timing Module

T

TheBreeze

Jul 23, 2008
Sussex, Wisconsin
Is anyone running the boondocker timing module on their M8 turbos? Did it significantly lower your octane requirements for a set boost level? Any noticeable improvement in performance?

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
What we have here is a classic supply & demand situation.

There's a demand for useful information... and apparently ZERO SUPPLY of said useful information.

So, the question is, how much are people willing to pay for this information if I were to break into the boondocker office, hack into their computers, and make off with all the big dirt on the timing module????? Um, or.... if I were to just actually ask someone who actually knows?

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
What we have here is a classic supply & demand situation.

There's a demand for useful information... and apparently ZERO SUPPLY of said useful information.

So, the question is, how much are people willing to pay for this information if I were to break into the boondocker office, hack into their computers, and make off with all the big dirt on the timing module????? Um, or.... if I were to just actually ask someone who actually knows?

yeah, we could pay you, but how many updates are you going to hit us with after each bit of information and how much per update.

Maybe you should work for boonedocker, sell it first then try and fix it.

T

TheBreeze

Jul 23, 2008
Sussex, Wisconsin
I have called boondocker, and it is hard to get anyone who really knows how things work on the phone. The main thing I got from talking to them is that it advances timing in the low throttle and retards it on boost.

T

TheBreeze

Jul 23, 2008
Sussex, Wisconsin
It is available currently. It does not advance timing in the low range, but it retards it on top end (appx. 3 degrees) according to Junior. It is supposed to significantly reduce octane requirements. $129 I have one on the way. I am hoping to make the '10 head work at 1000ft without having to run straight race gas. 8 ish pounds of boost is supposed to be achievable at altitude with the high compression head and straight 91 non ethanol.

smoking_powerstroke

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 7, 2007
North Dakota
It is available currently. It does not advance timing in the low range, but it retards it on top end (appx. 3 degrees) according to Junior. It is supposed to significantly reduce octane requirements. $129 I have one on the way. I am hoping to make the '10 head work at 1000ft without having to run straight race gas. 8 ish pounds of boost is supposed to be achievable at altitude with the high compression head and straight 91 non ethanol.

What about mid-range?

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Man, as much as I like to beat on BD... for $129... that thing will pay for itself!! KILLER price & product assuming it works as advertised.

One thing that bugs me a bit though, we don't need it retarded at full throttle, it already comes down there, we need it dropped from 1/2 to 3/4. I thought this was supposed to be more adjustable?

I've never hit det at full throttle, if I can hold it wide open temps stay low, and never see 21, BUT, if I have to back out just a tad & feather it around 2/3 to 3/4 near max boost on a bigger climb, 21 guaranteed (assuming I'm pushing it that is).

L
Jun 8, 2011
i rode a 2011 m8 from reid at boondockers canada, was a full race gas kit and was running 14lbs of boost....i didnt notice any difference in bottom end and the top was just nuts. also rode the 2012 from jared @boondockers usa and that was just a pump gas kit.....same story, no bottom end loss and a super fun top end. i dont really no a whole lot about that thing, but if you talk to reid from boondockers CANADA, he will explain it for sure.... the guys at mainjet in nelson got it dialed in as well....

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
6-7000rpm is where it is most needed. If all it does is drop 3* on top and thats it I will wait for the closed loop systems to hit the market, then we should be able to adjust it where ever we want.

Premium Features