• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Yamaha Lightweight Nytro Rear Suspension Updates?

Down

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Eastern IA
Anyone out there have the new Yamaha lightweight rear suspension installed? How is it compared to stock? Can you attach some pictures of the suspension with the mounting points as well.

Is it worth the money or is someone better off going with Timbersled or KMOD?

I'm going to update my stock suspension but want to get some opinions on the new yamaha skid but I haven't heard much about them.

Thanks.

Down

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Eastern IA
So it doesn't mount in the stock front mounting hole? Did it change the angle of attack? To me it looks like the angle got a little steeper. Or maybe its just the angle the photos were taken from, I don't know.

Thanks for the info.

W

wilmot

Feb 3, 2010
Clearfield, UT
The skid mounts 2 inches forward. I dont know if it changes the track attack.
It raises the tunnel 2 inches. I have noticed my tunnel is not icing up like it did when it was stock. It seems to be well designed. One thing i don't like is reusing the stock drop brackets which I will be replacing.

H

hurricane2

Nov 27, 2007
The skid mounts 2 inches forward. I dont know if it changes the track attack.
It raises the tunnel 2 inches. I have noticed my tunnel is not icing up like it did when it was stock. It seems to be well designed. One thing i don't like is reusing the stock drop brackets which I will be replacing.

Could you take some pics from the side at ground level so we could better see the attack angle of the track? Thanks.

T
Jan 19, 2008
Kootenays
Does anyone know if a stock 2010 (air) skid will fit on my 08 nytro. And if any modifications are required??
I s the light weight yamaha skid different than the 2010 stock skids?
Thanks for any input!

clatla

Premium Member
Mar 9, 2010
MN
I installed a 10' 162" skid in my 09' 153" MTX. I used the arms & shocks from the 10' skid and my 153" rails. I already had a brand new track. I had to transfer over one set of holes from the 162" to my 153" rails. I used the stock holes in the tunnel. Kinda stoked to get it on the snow and see how it works.
BTW the 10'+ skids are different than the lighweight kit.

Premium Features