• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

OVS PROPANE TURBO KIT

P

Pure Logic Tuning

Dec 3, 2007
www.purelogictuning.com
This is a new post for the people that wanted it. The propane kit was devolped by OVS, and Simmon Inc. This system was developed for customers that do not want to spend the money on race gas or for the customers in Canada were leaded race gas can not be purchased anymore. This kit has been ran hard for 1100 miles. This kit has two adjustments a idle adjustment and a top end adjustment that need to be set. There is no control box just set the two adjustments to the specs provided in the instructions to the parameters with the 02 sensor on the sled. This kit gives the customers a easy to tune 14lbs turbo kit that only costs in Utah $2.00 a gallon for fuel. This is compared to pump gas at $3.24 a gallon, race gas at $6.48 a gallon, and last but not least Octane Supreme additive that adding 3oz per gallon only makes 99 octane fuel and would cost $4.24 a gallon and to make 105 octane takes 16oz per gallon costs $11.00 per 32oz container so blended to make 105 octane fuel with 91 pump gas will cost $8.74 a gallon. The test sled is a 2010 M-8 that was not the friendliest sled to tune on race gas. The older ported M-8 sled's were alot easier to tune. This sled with the LP system was so easy to tune and runs alot cleaner than it did on race gas because the factory ECU is not controlling the fueling anymore. The sled does not go through spark plugs like other turbo sled's with the LP turbo system. Some have asked is th LP system the kit I should go with, you have to make that chioce for yourself we have a full line of the highest quality turbo kit's on the market and for some that can not get race gas it is the only option besides pump gas or costly additives. Here is a comparision for th OVS race gas sled it went 1600 miles and used 31 ten gallon tanks of race gas cost was $2008.80 and on LP it would have cost $620.00. This would have been a cost savings of $1388.80 this year alone. The LP turbo kit comes in standard and also the Tial option. The standard LP turbo kit cost is $6100.00 and the Tial LP turbo kit is $6800.00. The kits are being preseason ordered starting today. If you have question or need more info or want to get on the top of the list for one of the LP kits contact Travis at 801-940-7777 or 801-745-3833.

Last edited:

harf69

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
the $56,000.00 question hopefully not lol how much to upgrade a race gas turbo kit

Tonysnoo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 6, 2004
No. Nevada
Hey Trav,

Tell us about filling. Do ya have to go to a propane filling station or can you transfill from portable tanks. If so do they need a siphon tube?

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
id like to know is the power output at 14 lbs... I know, dyno's and the way people take the numbers as who cares but...

since there is less thermal energy for a given amount of propane vs a given amount of gasoline im just curious as to what an equivilent setup and boost level of a race gas setup is to run comparible to the propane setup?

P

Pure Logic Tuning

Dec 3, 2007
www.purelogictuning.com
Tony you can go to a regular filling station or alot of people will put a 100 gallon tank in there truck and all these tanks have a liquid port you just have to install a valve and then you can fill the sled. The propane turbo makes the same power in head to head racing that it made on race gas but runs alot cleaner. We are still riding the sled anyone that is interested can come take a test ride. We will be riding Friday and Saturday in Tony's Grove contact me at 801-940-7777 and lets ride. The weather man say's we will have 12-30 new inches of snow.

P

Pure Logic Tuning

Dec 3, 2007
www.purelogictuning.com
Propane turbo price correction 800 LP standard kit $6100.00 and 800 tial propane turbo kit $6800.00. The conversion kit for OVS turbo kits is $2300.00. Other companies turbo kits the conversion kit is $2800.00 this includes all the components of the first upgrade kit plus a air box, air box hold down kit, silicone hoses and charge tube.

Last edited:
P

Pure Logic Tuning

Dec 3, 2007
www.purelogictuning.com
The tank and the seat assembly and all the compents come in all the upgrade kits. The air box, fastening kit, silicone hoses and charge tube come in the upgrade kit for other companies turbo kits.

R
Aug 30, 2008
Hey Purelogic Tuning: If your M8 LP turbo will beat my TM7 then I will consider purchasing a kit....but I have a hunch that it won't. I will be in Tony's either next weekend or the following. Please bring your LP sled and a video Camera. Twisted, you may want to be there for this one.

My wife is expecting Twins, so there may be a chance I can't make it, but I am certainly hoping to run into this firebreathing M8 LP Turbo. If it wins, then I will consider. I haven't had a single TM8 beat me yet. Just ask KMOD and Product Tester, they have both seen it run.

Hope to see you there...

Last edited:
J

JSCC

Nov 26, 2004
Huntsville,Ut
Hey Purelogic Tuning: If your M8 LP turbo will beat my TM7 then I will consider purchasing a kit....but I have a hunch that it won't. I will be in Tony's either next weekend or the following. Please bring your LP sled and a video Camera. Twisted, you may want to be there for this one.

My wife is expecting Twins, so there may be a chance I can't make it, but I am certainly hoping to run into this firebreathing M8 LP Turbo. If it wins, then I will consider. I haven't had a single TM8 beat me yet. Just ask KMOD and Product Tester, they have both seen it run.

Hope to see you there...

Well since the call outs are happening.......how about we run our M7 against yours and whomever wins takes both sleds home? It'll be fun!

K

knifedge

Dec 20, 2009
Colorado
--Refueling--

Why not have one or two spare tanks for the sled back at the trailer ready to go instead of setting up the trailer for refueling propane? Will the tank on the sled have a quick release attatchment system? What would be the cost of a spare tank?

hypnotoad

Lifetime Membership
Mar 21, 2009

Hope to see you there...

so what have you all done to your TM7

P

Pure Logic Tuning

Dec 3, 2007
www.purelogictuning.com
Radski this is not a lets race thread. It is a thread about finding a inexpensive solution to having to run race gas. There are alot of people that can not get race gas because there government has stopped the sale of leaded fuels. I do not believe you can pull up to a fueling station and buy pump gas for $1.99 a gallon, let alone race gas. That is what the propane costs to run at 14lbs of boost. If are government gets a wild hair and stops leaded race gas sales we will be in the same boat as others are in Canada. This means pump gas with low boost or pump gas and try to carry five quarts of Octane Supreme 130 or Klotz Fire to make ten gallons of race gas out of 91 octane pump gas. The propane is alot cheaper option and alot easier to get.

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
so what is the weight loss/gain? how often do you have to fill up? what are the tanks made of and are they certified/inspected? only reason i ask that is i had a buddy with a propane apex and the end cap came off the tank as they were filling it. what happens to all of your stock ecu stuff. is there check engine lights? I think this would be an awesome kit and even cooler because no one will have it.

P

Pure Logic Tuning

Dec 3, 2007
www.purelogictuning.com
The stock factory ecu is used and all components need are included in the kit. All of the stock sensors stay operational so the customer has all warning systems that they are used to on a stock sled. The tank is a single 12 gallon alloy tank that is tested and certified. The tank weighs 19lbs and propane is 4.5lbs per gallon. This makes the tank 54lbs when it is full. The stock tank and fuel pump assembly weighs 12lbs. Gas weighs 7.5 lbs per gallon for a total of 90lbs. Propane tank total weight is 73lbs and gas tank total weight is 102lbs. The mixer and converter and lines add about 10lbs to the sled. Then you can remove fuel regulators and fuel pumps and fuel lines fuel fittings that standard turbo sled's have. So the weight difference is a wash between systems.

Premium Features