• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boondocker EBC

D

Dirty10

Nov 26, 2007
LaGrande, OR
I only live about 5 hours from the home of boondockers and still have not recieved my kit!! they told use they would not run the credit card until the kit was ready to ship! Payment was taken out December 16th. today is Decemeber 26th. :(:(:(

D
May 5, 2009
Rigby, ID
I only live about 5 hours from the home of boondockers and still have not recieved my kit!! they told use they would not run the credit card until the kit was ready to ship! Payment was taken out December 16th. today is Decemeber 26th. :(:(:(

I only live 15min away and still havent recieved mine, although i never bought one. Haha

D

dcturbo

Mar 2, 2008
WYO
Why not just use a boost T? when you are short of what boost you want turn it up? Our group has 2 of these and they seem like a real joke to me. worthless and week.

1wpdn1

Dec 7, 2007
Some Luck?

Gentleman: I had a chance to play with my EBC for 2 days this past weekend at about 10K elevation in 3-4 feet of good powder. I have an M-8 with the PG kit and turbo pipe. I am running about 3 gallons of 112 race fuel to every tank of gas. For what it is worth the sled ran awesome once I was able to get the EBC to only run in the ALT COMP mode versus the base cycle. For what it is worth setting it at 35 in ALt mode had it producing about 8.9 pounds of boost on steep climbs in fresh snow.

Does anyone have any better advice on how you get it to stay in the ALT COMP Mode? It seemed I had to be lucky on the timing of when I tried to quick press the button...This is a pain in the *** in a driving snowstorm. I wish they gave the option of a manual boost controller which could work in conjunction with the EBC when it gets finicky.

Thanks for the helpful insight as these EBC's get more snow time!

R
Jan 22, 2010
not sure about a few things

i have a 07 m8 boondocker turbo and i jsut put a pump gas kit on and the ebc what is the most safe boost i can run with this kit. and with my dcy set to 0 i still get 5.5 pounds of boost i am woried that i am only suppost to be running 5 pounds any help at all would be great thanks.

J

JHG

Jan 29, 2008
Elizabeth, CO/Bozeman, MT
i have a 07 m8 boondocker turbo and i jsut put a pump gas kit on and the ebc what is the most safe boost i can run with this kit. and with my dcy set to 0 i still get 5.5 pounds of boost i am woried that i am only suppost to be running 5 pounds any help at all would be great thanks.

5.5 is about as low as you can go without the low boost actuator. If you are at a 0 on your base DC you are running as low as your wastegate will allow. As far as a burndown, you should be fine on an M8, the det sensor should prevent you from damaging anything. If it starts flashing a code 2-3 and cuts out you need more octane.

R
Jan 22, 2010
i have no hood

LOL my sled has no hood so it is tough to see codes but i guess i can plug another hood in thanks for the advise. i currently just put what is suppost to be a low boost actuator on my sled. And i my control box is not regestering the ebc either it is working the exact same as it did before i put the ebc on. I amd generally jsut confused thanks any more help will be much apreciated. I also read some other posts and one guy said he was running his with his ALT CMP i was wondering how that might work
d

N

Nubulin

Oct 26, 2005
Flatlands USA :(
FYI there is a new EBC program. They changed the way it operates and there are totally different instructions. I sent mine in last week and am waiting to get it back.

See the BD site for details.

Last edited:

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA
FYI there is a new EBC program. They changed the way it operates and there are totally different instructions. I sent min in last week and am waiting to get it back.

See the BD site for details.

please elaborate. I am aware they want them back for updates but what are you referring to "the way it operates" and totally different instructions"

Thanks,
Woody

M
Nov 26, 2007
Cranbrook B.C.
I should have my updated EBC tomorrow. after i use it this weekend I will update my "EBC info" thread that I had started. pretty sure I already know the changes made. I was lucky to have a ebc that got some water in it and it was causing some weird problems where the button wouldn't work and the display was flashing different screens and changing numbers on its own. BD has now filled the new ebc with gell (much like their control box) so that water can't get in. also they changed how the alt comp feature worked. watch for a update in a couple days.

C

colorado logger

Dec 4, 2007
south fork co
I like my ebc just the way it is. I do not know if it is updated or not.

Does anyone know if there is a serial # on the ebc. There should be, with all the talk of future updates.

J

JHG

Jan 29, 2008
Elizabeth, CO/Bozeman, MT
I like my ebc just the way it is. I do not know if it is updated or not.

Does anyone know if there is a serial # on the ebc. There should be, with all the talk of future updates.

Not sure on the serial number but I know yours isn't gel filled. I got mine back a couple days ago and to my knowledge it was the first to be gel filled. If you still have your transducer I would fill out the online form and send yours in to be filled. They are sweating on the inside and having some issues. The gel will prevent moisture getting on the board.

bart0678

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
I should have my updated EBC tomorrow. after i use it this weekend I will update my "EBC info" thread that I had started. pretty sure I already know the changes made. I was lucky to have a ebc that got some water in it and it was causing some weird problems where the button wouldn't work and the display was flashing different screens and changing numbers on its own. BD has now filled the new ebc with gell (much like their control box) so that water can't get in. also they changed how the alt comp feature worked. watch for a update in a couple days.

I understand that condensation is forming on the inside of the box and can cause problems but I have an EBC that was doing the same things you just mentioned, the button wouldn't work, and the screens kept flashing and running through instead of staying on the desired screen. The problem that led mine to act this way was the button was frozen or stuck in the depressed position. When snow builds up on the screen and melts and gets cold again from the heat coming up from the hood, its happens fast. I pulled the rubber cover back up to free the switch again and it works great.
I am in favor or people sending in their ebc's to get filled because i think it will prevent long term problems from water, but know that the button itself can also be an issue.
I just started using the Push to Pass button to make changes to my ebc settings because there is no chance of having that one freeze up and stick closed or on.
my 2 cents
adam

C

colorado logger

Dec 4, 2007
south fork co
Knock on wood, but I am tired of wrenching. We have good snow, mine will not come off until it breaks or the season is over.

I completely de ice and dry my sled after ride, hope to make it to end.

You would think if BoonDocker has a recall on the ebc, they would let us know or have they and I missed it.

Premium Features