• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boondocker EBC

N

Nubulin

Oct 26, 2005
Flatlands USA :(
Justin you are a 1st class dealer for sure. The amount of time you put into answering questions and helping people out is huge. I don't think anyone feels any of this is your fault. I sure don't. You are in a bad spot. If BD doesn't build the product, you can't ship to your customers! They are making THEMSELVES look bad this year. The market has a way of "adjusting" to these sort of things...

M
Nov 26, 2007
Cranbrook B.C.
Justin you are a 1st class dealer for sure. The amount of time you put into answering questions and helping people out is huge. I don't think anyone feels any of this is your fault. I sure don't. You are in a bad spot. If BD doesn't build the product, you can't ship to your customers!

I agree 100%. If it wasn't for Justin and how great he has been to deal with, I would have asked for a refund and purchased someone elses kit.

harf69

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
if that was me and my hard earned money i would get it back there is alot of other companys that have them in stock for cheaper pure logic is selling there aero or garret pump gas for 4000.00 thats a great deal what makes the bd kit worth the lies and wait

B
Hoping my ebc gets moving fast.....now that we're into the x-mas season it's going to take a while to get through customs into Canada. Kinda sucks, 8-10 ft of snow and no turbo.
Nothing but good things to say about SNOW JW though, hopefully Boondocker realizes what a good dealer they have.

Last edited:
S

SafetyBob

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 13, 2008
Idaho Falls, ID
EBC's started shipping yesterday, more will continue to ship every day, contact your dealers, if you ordered from us direct you can give us a call. Thanks D

bart0678

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
I just got one on mine last Saturday from Justin. I like the features a lot and i think the spool up times are quicker due to the waste gate control. It will be worth the wait.
adam

kraftymike

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bozeman, Mt
Next year....

Last year I built a BD PG turbo and it rocked! I had planned on ridding the same sled for another season and doing another BD build next fall but this whole EBC thing is making me a bit nervous. I want to install and tune in November just as I did last year so I am ready to ride the first of December. If BoonDockers cant meet these needs I will more than likely try another kit. BoonDocker I am going to need some sort of cash back gaurantee next year for timely delivery if you want to keep my buisiness. I think you will have to do something along these lines to restore some customer confidence across the board.

N

Nubulin

Oct 26, 2005
My EBD showed up today. Thanks Code Red Performance. Thanks BD. Better late than never.... :)

Overall I am pretty impressed with the build quality, wiring, size, etc. Looks like it plugs right into the M's voltage regulator and everything else. All the connectors are high quality OEM automotive types, so i doubt there will be any issues there. No fuse though which goes against my experiance with add on 12volt accessories.

The instructions leave a lot to be desired, but it is not hard to figure out.

Here are a few pics with a dollar bill for scale.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

DSC02224.jpg DSC02225.jpg DSC02226.jpg DSC02228.jpg DSC02229.jpg

Last edited:
J

JHG

Jan 29, 2008
Elizabeth, CO/Bozeman, MT
where did you get the turbo pipe from? How does it run?

The pipe came from Justin at Code Red. I just finished this sled tonight so I don't have seat time on the pipe. I'm running the stock pipe on my personal sled. I rode a 2010 with the pipe last weekend and it ran great but I'm not sure if it was the pipe or the new motor.

D

Dirty10

Nov 26, 2007
LaGrande, OR
thx for the info I was going to get a kit from Justin but I dont buy anything from my local dealer because of the deals I am able to get else were, so I ordered a turbo through them they are treating me great and givening me a good deal.

R

rcaustin

Sep 8, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Excuse my ignorance as i know nothing about the EBC... what are its capabilities? what does the screen read out? just boost? or does it read out other parameters as well? Is there any need to run an A/F guage using the EBC? does this boost controller just run max boost for whatever grade fuel you are running? does it go off A/F reading to know what boost levels are allowed?

Thanks in advance,
Ryan

N

Nubulin

Oct 26, 2005
Excuse my ignorance as i know nothing about the EBC... what are its capabilities? what does the screen read out? just boost? or does it read out other parameters as well? Is there any need to run an A/F guage using the EBC? does this boost controller just run max boost for whatever grade fuel you are running? does it go off A/F reading to know what boost levels are allowed?

Thanks in advance,
Ryan

There is a lot of info on the forum already and also BDs website. Plus BD posted the instructions that give an idea of what the display does.

J

JHG

Jan 29, 2008
Elizabeth, CO/Bozeman, MT

Thanks in advance,
Ryan

As Nubulin said, there's a good 5 page tutorial about all the features and screens under the instructions on Boondockers webpage. The biggest advantage is the way the wastegate works. Instead of allowing boost to bleed off while the turbo spools up to where you have the wastegate set, the new pressure transducer remains closed while boost pressure build, then when the correct pressure is achieved it opens the wastegate completely, all at once. This give the turbo a faster spool time b/c you aren't wasting any boost pressure before the wastegate completely opens. The EBC will also compensate for altitude by increasing or decreasing boost as your altitude changes.

Premium Features