• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boondocker EBC

H
Oct 7, 2008
Ferndale,Wa.
It would be great to hear from some folks who install the EBC. Could you give us a full rundown on features? What does it change ? Will it allow me to dial down my boost to be able to run pump gas in a pinch?

D

Dirty10

Nov 26, 2007
LaGrande, OR
Ordered my kit over two weeks ago they said a week and a half now two weeks later they are say another two weeks????

S

SafetyBob

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 13, 2008
Idaho Falls, ID
Valued Customer,
BoonDocker would like to sincerely apologize for all the confusion regarding the EBC. We started shipping Friday Dec 4th to get the EBC to our customers. However, due to an improvement that our engineers feel is extremely beneficial to our customers we have stopped shipping in order to implement this improvement. Please note that this is not a major function change and it is not a time consuming change. We will resume shipping this week. Also, if you have already received an EBC we will be contacting you to make arrangements to implement the changes to your existing EBC (at no cost to you). Again please except our apologies for all the confusion, delays, and especially any inconvenience that has been associated with the EBC. Your business is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

John Darfler
General Manager
BoonDocker Performance

N

Nubulin

Oct 26, 2005
Flatlands USA :(
Glad I ordered the manual boost controller setup at extra cost. I am expecting this thing to be full of problems given the constant repeated delays. I really hope I am wrong, but if it looks like a duck, smells like a duck, and quacks like a duck......

I have been trying to give BD the benefit of the doubt here, but WOW you guys really missed the boat this year. My EBC will be sitting in the box this season. Or at least until there are a LOT of favorable reports. I have no interest in beta testing.

Last edited:
S

SledderX

Sep 20, 2008
Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
Its the 8th of december, and no turbo kit. And the EBC's STILL arent ready. Heading to Revelstoke tommorow to ride deep december snow on my new 2010 boondocker race gas turbo m8. Only problem is, I dont have the TURBO. Not how I expected to start the season. :mad:

M
Nov 26, 2007
Cranbrook B.C.
I've been holding my cool pretty good so for, but I gotta say I'm starting to get alittle pissed about thousands of dollars spent and nothing to show for it so far. I think somebody needs to get their act together.

so after waiting all this extra time, what do you guys think BD should be doing/offering for all of us ?

T
Some of you guys crack me up-------- you have to have the best and the first to have it and IF it isn't the best you *****. I will run my stock M8 untill ALL the parts show up. Granted it would of been nice IF BD would of said the controller's would be available Jan 15th, then when they showed up before Xmas we would be Happy, but in reality by waiting the carnage will be less. Please make sure my control box is foolproof BD as I have tested enough parts for Poo and Doo........AND thanks for not releasing a part that is not tested.....Garry

PS-- a second hat would be great for the wait:D:D

N

Nubulin

Oct 26, 2005
Flatlands USA :(
Well I guess if that is what you expect, more power to you.

I snow checked my kit in April. I was told the EBC was all figured out and would be done in Oct. Then midsummer I was told Nov 1. No big deal. Since then BOONDOCKER has been saying "this week, it’s almost done". Now it’s DECEMBER 8th and they are saying "soon".

If you are not pissed off than you are a sheep my friend. In the real world people have a right to be angry when they are sold a line of crap and company does not deliver parts that were paid for long ago. I agree that they need to get it right prior to shipping, but they have FAILED TO DELIVER.

I for one have no interest in riding a stock M8 and waiting for BDs incompetence. If so why would I spend $5K on a turbo? Good news is I solved my own problem and spent extra $$ to get the 09 style setup, so at least my kit will run. Albeit not the way it was sold to me...

Last edited:
M
Nov 26, 2001
laramie wy
ya im with that! im not gonna get pissed about something i dont have control over though... would be nice to get something for waiting patiently since im a valued customer lol

S

SNOW JW

Nov 26, 2007
Belgrade MT
www.coderedperformance.com
This is extremely frustrating on the customers end and the dealers end. I am trying my best to keep in touch with BD and get product out there but it’s just WAY to slow this year. I have had kits on order for a long time and still have not got all my orders filled. I also have been told kits will be shipping then nothing ships even sent them shipping labels because I was told product was shipping to find out 2 days later nothing got sent out thus making me look like a total as$. So I am sorry to those who are waiting for there product I truly am.

I still feel they have some of the best product out there and have a great family based biz that treats there people very well but the customers still need to see there product in a timely manner and when you set a date at least stick close to that date. I still think they can come out on top of this but something needs to change very quick.

Premium Features