• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Spy Goggles

D
Nov 26, 2007
Worland, WY
I haven't used the targa's, but have a pair of blizzards and a pair of orbits and i have no complaints! I sure the targa's are just as good, you just have to take them off when you stop or else they will fog up.

skidooboy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
central lower michigan
get the dual pane lens from the blizzard for your targa's will work alot better than a single pane lens. all my goggles are the spy blizzards. love them. ski

I

islandsnowman

Dec 19, 2007
KELOWNA
www.islandsnow.ca
I've ridden spy's for 5 years now and they work awesome! As mentioned above the blizzard lens is definitely the way to go....and just make sure to clear the snow off of the foam covered scoop vents on either side of the lens whenever possible and they will work great!:beer;

P
Nov 26, 2007
Oregon
Love them!!!

I also have the blizzards and I have had the best luck with them!!! I have two pair one with a blue lens and the other is orange, so depending on the light for the day I can change it up!!! :D

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
The Blizzard is no longer an option from Spy. The Targa II Snow goggle is basically the same thing and they are the same lens. As long as you have a double pane lens, you are good to go.
You are going to love your new goggles! I still think they have the best peripheral vision in the business. I would like to try some 509's for comparison, but funds aren't going to allow it.
Spy offers the Targa II Snow (narrow width, great facial coverage), the Omega (largest frame and wider) and Zed goggles (narrower top to bottom same width as Targa) for winter. All designed with powersports in mind. Will fit nicely in most helmets. They do also have a couple lines specifically for skiing/snowboarding.

S

skidontlover

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 3, 2008
Have used their goggles in snowboard/mx helmets for the last 8 years and I love them. One thing that was mentioned is to keep the vents free of snow, if you dont they fog real quick. Also if you got a mirrored lense make sure you take extra good care of them when they are off your head. The mirrored lenses that I have had seem to scratch quite a bit easier than the Dragons that I have had.

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
The Blizzard is no longer an option from Spy. The Targa II Snow goggle is basically the same thing and they are the same lens. As long as you have a double pane lens, you are good to go.
You are going to love your new goggles! I still think they have the best peripheral vision in the business. I would like to try some 509's for comparison, but funds aren't going to allow it.
Spy offers the Targa II Snow (narrow width, great facial coverage), the Omega (largest frame and wider) and Zed goggles (narrower top to bottom same width as Targa) for winter. All designed with powersports in mind. Will fit nicely in most helmets. They do also have a couple lines specifically for skiing/snowboarding.

sounds to me like you need to get tom to let you sell his gogles at Bobs.

B

Bubba700

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Rexburg ID
Have a set of the Targa II and I really like them , get a couple of different lenses for different light conditions and your set.

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
sounds to me like you need to get tom to let you sell his gogles at Bobs.

Yeah, I can actually order them this year. Available through WPS. :D So many people say how nice they are I'm interested to try a pair. Just hard to justify spending the $ when I have like 6 sets of goggles already. :( Rather save the $ for gas for trips out west.

R
Sep 1, 2001
Maple Grove, MN
I just bought some SPY Goggles {TargaII} and was wondering if any one has used them and how good are they?

I run Spy Goggles but they are the Blizzard model. Matter of fact I should be looking for another set. I have two pair now with different lenses in them but I would like to have another set so I can have three. (Clear, Amber, and Rose)

Premium Features