• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Moving skid back to mount 144" track

E
Jul 25, 2013
So I did some research and got a lot of conflicting information. I have a 08 iqr with a slp 727 motor and right now it's a stock skid with 136" extensions on it. I have a 144" track that id like to toss on it and was wondering if anyone knew the correct measurements to get that track on that skid, I've heard stories of guys setting them back and making the handle poorly, this is not a trail sled at all, I spend most my time in the trees and on its side, the sled has a dragon front suspension with m series zero pro shocks and it works pretty well the way it's set up now, in fact I really like the way it works now just want more track under it and a little less attack angle. I would bite the bullet and buy a dragon skid but this skid already has floats and its powder coated and I like the how sturdy it is as I do a lot of spring riding and it takes a beating so it stays for now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
Any time you move a skid back you make the sled feel longer. It can have a dramatic affect on handling.

One option for you is to just buy longer extensions.

sled_guy

E
Jul 25, 2013
True, but I don't think anyone makes a 121-144" extension, at least I havnt seen any yet. Also relocating it back some would help with the attack angle, I was hoping to just move it back some and use a offset axle with a big wheel kit on the rear, just wondering if anyone had success with any certain combo.

G
Dec 7, 2013
Skid relocation

At the front mounting point for the rear suspension, on the inside of the tunnel, there is a black pre-drilled plate riveted to the tunnel that has small holes in it that can be used for relocation. Putting a longer track on it puts more pressure on the front, so you may want to consider moving it down a little and back.

Premium Features