• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Skidoo G4 rtr weights vs axys

Tahoe54

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2007
Let's get one thing straight. The Poo NEEDS a larger fuel tank.

All things being equal, a port injection engine will never match the power or efficiency of direct injection.

And for anyone who wants to argue this maybe the XP section would be more your thing. :p

Funny they added port injection on the 850 though. It only kicks in during mid and high rpm range, I don't know about you but I'm never in that range when riding off trail ;). Either way it will be interesting to see how this affects their fuel economy and until we get some side by side comparisons with the other sleds I guess we don't really know.

J

Jeff800

Dec 2, 2007
Washington
Just some figures I threw together here. They may not be 100% accurate but they are close.

��
Not 100% accurate that's always a good way to start your point. Thing is Polaris has the marketing "408" lbs. maybe after doing some math they do come close in weight but what's in your face 408 pounds I'm a Skidoo rider, but what do I hear from Poo guys "it weighs 408 lbs" even if that is inaccurate once the thing is fueled and ready to go. I tell them that it's good it weighs 408 pounds that makes it easier for us to tow it back to the parking lot.

Ski-doo#1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2011
GreatWhiteNorth
So if the new XM/rev only held 4 gallons of fuel like a race sled, would you Doo guys be crowing about the RTR weight being so awesome? OR bellyaching about the lack of range etc?
The only way to make it fair is equal amounts of liquid, or use DRY weight. Don't penalize or reward a particular sled because it has a smaller capacity gas tank (Doo), or a larger capacity coolant system (Poo).

Sorry, didn't mean to bring logic into the equation :face-icon-small-win:face-icon-small-con

No, logic says compare them how they will be ridden. Fill all tanks, go out for a half day to collect some snow. And weigh them. That's how they will be ridden that's how they should be compared.

Last edited:

Ski-doo#1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2011
GreatWhiteNorth
In regards to the burping of the tank. If you read about the new tank size in Christopher's article about the new G4 it's clearly says "hear is a secret" even when you burped your tank to fill the sled, the sled still never used that fuel that came in after the burp. I've never used 9.6 gallons in a day of mountain riding but the guys are explore all day can just throw on the Linq gas caddy.

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
In regards to the burping of the tank. If you read about the new tank size in Christopher's article about the new G4 it's clearly says "hear is a secret" even when you burped your tank to fill the sled, the sled still never used that fuel that came in after the burp. I've never used 9.6 gallons in a day of mountain riding but the guys are explore all day can just throw on the Linq gas caddy.

So that adds another 15 lbs?

AkSledHed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2009
Eagle River, Ak
If I were going to buy a new G4 Doo, it wouldn't be because of the weight loss. There are plenty of other reasons to buy 1 without getting into a pissing contest over weight comparisons.

The OP was simply throwing out some figures and the Poo guys got their panties waded up because they don't like the way the numbers come together.

Shouldn't matter what you ride, as long as you're having fun doing it.

Last edited:

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
I were going to buy a new G4 Doo, it wouldn't be because of the weight loss. There are plenty of other reasons to buy 1 without getting into a pissing contest over weight comparisons.

The OP was simply throwing out some figures and the Poo guys got their panties waded up because they don't like the way the numbers come together.

Shouldn't matter what you ride, as long as you're having fun doing it.

Wait a minute.....somebody with common sense??? Cheers to this!

Premium Features