• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sled Deck

T
Jan 13, 2015
Hi just joined and am lookin to build a sled deck for my truck wonderin if anyone has a plan i can purchase or your willing to share

Thanks
Terry

L

letrbuck

Jun 6, 2013
Montana
I built one off the back country rebel plans works well just make sure your ramp is as long as you can get it or its a touch sketchy loading mines 8 ft I put a 4500 lb winch on the rack just in case one dies

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I am curious, how much are you guys spending in materials? I have a Toyup, for the money I just cannot see building one for less than what I spent. I do some fab stuff, offroad truck, etc., and the last bit of steel I bought was ridiculously expensive, although I AM in a spendy town. I am sure in a bigger city costs would come down.
I built an enclosed trailer from a boat trailer frame, it was BEAUTIFUL, completely over built and engineered, but with what I had into it I could have bought a commercially built trailer for less.
Mainly curious because I am looking at building either a tilt type setup for the deck, or the bed, or bagging my truck so I can drop it for loading/unloading. 05 F350, full custom suspension so no idea on lift, but running 43" or 38" tires. Right now have the 38's on because of some rubbing with the 43's, but would like to go back to 42/43 setup. (Looks silly with the lift and 38's, lol.)

L

letrbuck

Jun 6, 2013
Montana
mine cost about 350.00 for new material and a couple weekends, cut the floor out of a old bed liner in8'x 9" strips for slides on the ramp and deck looks like store bought slides and was free

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
I am curious, how much are you guys spending in materials? I have a Toyup, for the money I just cannot see building one for less than what I spent. I do some fab stuff, offroad truck, etc., and the last bit of steel I bought was ridiculously expensive, although I AM in a spendy town. I am sure in a bigger city costs would come down.
I built an enclosed trailer from a boat trailer frame, it was BEAUTIFUL, completely over built and engineered, but with what I had into it I could have bought a commercially built trailer for less.
Mainly curious because I am looking at building either a tilt type setup for the deck, or the bed, or bagging my truck so I can drop it for loading/unloading. 05 F350, full custom suspension so no idea on lift, but running 43" or 38" tires. Right now have the 38's on because of some rubbing with the 43's, but would like to go back to 42/43 setup. (Looks silly with the lift and 38's, lol.)

I got at least $700-800 in building my own. Toyup is a good deal.

rmk all the way

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Dayton Wa
I looked at toyup decks and built mine off how they built theres. I had 350 ish in steel delivered by my place. The super clamps were the most important thing. I believed i used .065 wall on all the light load areas and .085 for the ramp and up rights. Ill have to dig up the paper and make sure on that tho.

Premium Features