• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Guy from Squamish, BC.

Publiconion

Lifetime Membership
Jul 24, 2014
Squamish, BC.
Completely new to sledding. Thought it would be a great way to get some backcountry powder runs in with the board. I picked up an old sled last year to check it out and had a great time. Didn't get much boarding in but found out that sledding is a lot of fun. Have a good story about almost losing my sled down the mountain :face-icon-small-hap
Decided this is something I'd like to do more of so I found a deal on a newer sled. Right now I'm enjoying the summer mountain biking and preparing for the winter season. Would welcome any advice other members have in regards to starting out board access sledding.
Cheers,
Mike

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
You live in the best location in the world for sled access boarding. Brandywine is about 15%-20% boarders on sleds. You have Brohm and Brandywine, High falls etc. You won't be able to ride all the terrain in your lifetime. Enjoy. It's right in your back yard.

Publiconion

Lifetime Membership
Jul 24, 2014
Squamish, BC.
Very cool. I remember when I found mountain biking in this area and realized this whole other world had been in my backyard all this time. I had the same moment last year farting around on the sled and just doing some runs around Brandywine. Looking forward to a good winter season this year :thumb:

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
The best run that I have seem is the big hill south east of grizzly lake. Ride your sled tomthevtop and then dismount, grab board and push sled over the hill down to grizzly. Ghost ride style. Board down to your sled. Repeat. Run is prolly half a mile.

I

inspector01

Mar 21, 2013
MN
Welcome, If you ever wanna try some of Washington's sled access BC, hit me up, I'd be down. Can't wait to get up to your area next year hopefully.

Publiconion

Lifetime Membership
Jul 24, 2014
Squamish, BC.
Awesome, thanks for the offer. Hopefully by mid season next year I can return the favor up here. If not with the skills at least with the knowledge of a few spots we could hit.

I

inspector01

Mar 21, 2013
MN
Awesome, thanks for the offer. Hopefully by mid season next year I can return the favor up here. If not with the skills at least with the knowledge of a few spots we could hit.

I grew up snowmobiling in the flatlands, this will be my first year in the mountains on sled so I have plenty to learn as well.

Premium Features