• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

FAVORITE FORM OF WARM WEATHER SCOOTER

VOTE FOR THE BEST SUMMER TOYS

• Total voters

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
I gotta go with my sport 4x4 quad.... technically not a utility machine.....

Mud is fun:D:D

100_3460.jpg

my friend flinging the mud.....

100_3510.jpg

T

throttlecable

Dec 13, 2009
Fruita, CO
The hours I have logged behind the bars of crotch rockets (GSX-R/CBR/Ducati/R-1/etc) have been truly unforgetable. These machines are capable of such high level performance, that I would compare them to owning your own personal fighter jet! Unfortunately, absolute power corrupts absolutely, and I gave up these speed demons for fear of losing my license or my life,(I had close calls with both several times). My respect and appreciation for this race caliber hardware inspired my vote on the poll,...I had to vote for the sport quads too, my YFZ 450R flat out rocks!

T

throttlecable

Dec 13, 2009
Fruita, CO
JEEPS

WOW! Almost 30 votes and jeeps are still at zero. I live within an hour or so of Moab, and there are lots of high dollar rock crawlers in this area, so I am suprised a little bit at the lack of votes.

While I am at it,... here is a pic of me this weekend sailing the YFZR across a 76ft jump...almost as much fun as sleddin!

jump 3.jpg

J

JSCC

Nov 26, 2004
Huntsville,Ut
WOW! Almost 30 votes and jeeps are still at zero. I live within an hour or so of Moab, and there are lots of high dollar rock crawlers in this area, so I am suprised a little bit at the lack of votes.

While I am at it,... here is a pic of me this weekend sailing the YFZR across a 76ft jump...almost as much fun as sleddin!

You know, I did the Jeep and Moab thing for alot of years, still really enjoy it. But when it comes down to quick cheap fun, it is no where on the list.
No matter how hard I tried, I could not get it through my kids heads that sitting in the back of a Jeep going over rough terrain was fun!

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
I like my dirtbike just fine and ride quads quite a bit too....

But I'd throw that junk in the lake for a good day out on the boat. Hang out with a bunch of sweaty dudes in the dust, or ride wakeboard and hang out with a bunch of hot chicks in bikinis drinking beer and pumping good tunes? Pretty easy decision there....

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho

I picked up a 2003 TJ with a 4" lift and 32's in Feb, and so far its been a blast! I haven't gotten it out for a wheeling trip yet, but I will. I want to build it up and run the rubicon if I can get stationed back in cali.

My other hobby that I dont get to do much is MX racing. So far the biggest jump I've hit was a 90 foot triple...had to seat bounce it while on the rev limiter in 2nd because it was out of a corner. Good times!

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
I like my dirtbike just fine and ride quads quite a bit too....

But I'd throw that junk in the lake for a good day out on the boat. Hang out with a bunch of sweaty dudes in the dust, or ride wakeboard and hang out with a bunch of hot chicks in bikinis drinking beer and pumping good tunes? Pretty easy decision there....

I'm with ya....even told the wife I would sell my bikes if it ment more time on the water at the lake with the family....

Still I voted dirt bike.....and quads are for sissy girls!

T

throttlecable

Dec 13, 2009
Fruita, CO
GIVE ME A BREAK

.....and quads are for sissy girls![/QUOTE]

My riding buds who have bikes used to share those same opinions,...educating them on the performance capabilities of top shelf race quads has been alot of fun! I'm aware of the high percentage of quad riders who NEED the extra 2 wheels to help make up for their lack of riding skills, but find the right guy on the right quad who CHOOSES the extra 2 wheels, and I think you may retract your statement. I will conceed that bikes rule the roost for single track enduro type technical stuff, and I think this is some of the best riding to be had ,bar none. For everything else, including dunes, woods, desert, jeep trails, fire roads, mx tracks, mud holes, you name it,... I am confident my quad will hang with any bike out there any day of the week.:nod:

jump 1.jpg

WYsteph

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
WY
www.dxgillette.com
I had to say personal watercraft?... what is that anyway? :face-icon-small-win

Dirtbikes are fun, but not many places to ride over here besides tracks. ATV's we use for working around the house and hunting but not much else, my guy has a face made of titaium due to them. But even the dog likes to jetski! Nothing new or fancy but it is fun and the seadoo we have will pull a tube fast enough to crack ribs so they work fine for us.

No action pictures, sorry.
campingtrip073.jpg

campingtrip077.jpg

We did pick something up that might change my choice of summer motorsports though...

building042.jpg

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Give me a Bennington Pontoon & a cooler full of ice cold 12 oz Amber Bocks and I'm good to go!

Premium Features