• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

OVS tubo issues

harf69

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
what are you paying for 100ll i was thinking of going this route 100ll at 10lbs of boost

H

Holomis International

Nov 29, 2008
www.holomis.com
Ok guys, so I have been out sledding a bunch and we have had awesome snow, I now have figured the settings out to make the sled run great, it doesn't burp or hickup nothing, it pulls good, which brings me to my problem.

It is only hitting 5lbs boost, it will flash to 6lbs but then sits at 5. I took apart the turbo diaphram just like aerocharger suggests and had a look:

It has the orange spring and had 3 shims, I added another shim to see if anything would change but nothing.

So this is where I am at, today on a climb I could have used the other 5lbs of boost, as that was the difference between diggin and making it, needless to say I was diggin, with the help of a couple guys who purchased our Full Lotus decks, that just happen to be there and watched me almost make it.

Anyways what could be the cause of not making full boost, ocassionally under full load when I am making a long pull it will flash up to 6lbs settle at 5lbs and then give a bit of a cough and start dying out, then I back off the throttle and burp it and it comes back to life.

Do you think I have a leak somewhere in the charge tube portion of the turbo? All I know is it is suppose to make 10lbs boost with orange spring and two shims and it is only making 5lbs boost with orange spring and 4 shims.

Lets hear it guys, other then that I finally have some confidence in the turbo system and have learned it's quirks to be able to ride it well.

Thanks

Jeff

F

Fuel96

Mar 5, 2009
Vernon, BC, Canada
Still 6 ???

Jeff,

I cant believe it is still at 6 !!! Man , i cant wait to get out with you and let you ride mine at 10.5.... I am kicking mine up another pound as I run straight C12 anyway.

I really am not sure what to say about yours, very strange, you have done everything from what you have said.

What fuel are you running in there?

I wonder if there is a problem with your throttle bodies, or a hose clamp somewhere?

Talk soon
Cheers
Dave

J

JHG

Jan 29, 2008
Elizabeth, CO/Bozeman, MT
If your still running the stock pipe pull the heat shield off and check all the welds closely for cracks. I had three pin holes in the stock welds on my M8 pipe. Two were under the heat shield and one was right in the middle of the first bend in the pipe.

9500blizzard

Dec 13, 2007
BC
you can check to make sure there is no leaks on the small air lines. One goes to your boost gauge, one to the turbo diaphram, one to the fuel pressure regulator and one to your pure logic box. they all end up at the air box on the throttle bodys and is a good place to start tracing them back

H

Holomis International

Nov 29, 2008
www.holomis.com
Ok I will check the exhaust and the air lines. It's only happening under full load so a leak would make sense.

6lbs is fun but I imagine 10lbs would be the ticket.

Thanks again I will let you know.

Jeff

P

Pure Logic Tuning

Dec 3, 2007
www.purelogictuning.com
Make sure you have double springs on the header joint at the y-pipe this would make eight springs and also double springs at the turbo this would make four. This sounds like it is not a big thing but the sled will do just what you are saying.

B
I have read though this thread and believe the problem is at the Y pipe grafoil. With only 4 springs holding the pipe to the Y-pipe, you are blowing the pipe away from the donut. I had this happen on my OVS system and fixed the problem.

The fix? - Double up the springs and go with 2 springs at each location, total 8 springs.

Watch to boost go to 10 and hold on. Note, you will need to dial in your lights after getting the boost back online.

Good Luck!

BigAir

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Montana
Putting eight springs on the stock spring hooks SUCKS! Who sells just the spring brackets that allows springs around the whole circumference?

H

Holomis International

Nov 29, 2008
www.holomis.com
Ok I am going to machine a spring clamp to double up the springs, and lock it in tighter.

I am going to hope this is it.

As always thanks for your input and I will keep you posted.

Jeff

H

Holomis International

Nov 29, 2008
www.holomis.com
Hey Guys

Doubled up the springs and took the sled out this weekend. Yahoooooo!!!!! 10.5lbs/boost, egt's perfect, A/F perfect, the machine goes anywhere. Bout time!

Thanks for all your help.

Jeff

F

Fuel96

Mar 5, 2009
Vernon, BC, Canada
Finally

Hey Jeff,

Thats awesome !! I figured that is what is was when I grabbed that pipe, and it moved off the Y pipe that easy.

Now you just have to put your machine up against the ultimate TM8 !!!

Cheers
Dave

F

Fuel96

Mar 5, 2009
Vernon, BC, Canada
Thats not very nice !

I dont want to get it dirty, or put extra miles on it !! ha ha....

Dont worry buddy, in the New Year we are going to go together, and you will see !!!

Premium Features