• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

CPC TM8 questions

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Hey, a question to the cutler guys out there.

I got my sled from Zollingers, who had the turbo wide open (no cold air intake). We rode it last season open, but want to put a filter on it for this season, is anyone running just a regular filter on their CPC setup? If so, where would I get one?

Thanks

R

Rms Rydning

Sep 30, 2006
North Norway
Thanks!

I also think it's a good idea to take the cold air from outside.
Thinking of running his RG kit but mostly run it on 98. Maybe put a gallon or so of racefuel in sometimes :p

Im doing 80% tree riding, but dont think I will gear down to start with, maybe later.
About the AV gas I don't know for sure, maybe.. I should look it up, I asume you mean LL100?
Yepp, Live in Gällivare, 110km from Kiruna, We use to ride in Björkliden and Riksgränsen.
We should get together and do some riding in Riksgränsen this winter :D

:beer;:beer;

Ye,I have a camper @Riksgrensen and will be there every weekend from Feb-May. Is there s airport in Gallivare with smal piston airplanes,flightclub or so? They use to have 100LL..

O

ondast

Jan 31, 2008
North of Sweden
www.pixbox.se
Ye,I have a camper @Riksgrensen and will be there every weekend from Feb-May. Is there s airport in Gallivare with smal piston airplanes,flightclub or so? They use to have 100LL..

Okey, thats sweet! :) Maybe put some :beer;:beer;:beer; in my backpack and comes by :p

Yepp, we have a flightclub here and I am looking in to it if they could sell me some 100LL or better.. Wont be able to run more than 10 psi anyway on our alltitude, If I don't use racefuel that is...

A

AKkatz

Jan 9, 2008
ANCH. AK
Sorry to keep the hi-jack going but it's an interesting one. My buddy also siliconed the attitude not only around the wires but the whole seam and he put it in a little semi-hard camera case mounted to the dash, and hasn't has any issues. Anyhow it's my understanding and I'm no pro, but am also researching it that at our (Sweden and Alaska) elevations that you should be able to run 8-9# on 100 low lead ( Aviation fuel, if you have that available), but that we should be making more power per 3 of boost given the greater air density. I also am torn about which kit, the Boondocker has ALOT to offer, some very cool features (if they work), and a decent price, Twisted has alot of happy customers and that says lot though you loose the oil injection, but IMO if a guy's not willing to pre-mix then he shouldn't be running a turbo anyhow, the CPC offer the best intake I think and the stage 2 kit sounds just right for low alt. applications. If you go with any race gas set-up you'll have to send in head and throttle bodies and that's not really an option. Good luck!

S
Oct 17, 2009
Sweden
Ondast: do you have decided what kit your aiming at now, i am real into the cpc kit, looks like there are gonna be some turbos in north sweden this season..:D..anyone that know if it is long deliverytime on the kits??
Has not decided what snowmobile i gonna get yet, read somewhere that the exhoustport was not good for turbo on 2010 m8, maybe missunderstood the hole thing, couse im not any good in english:).
Seems like the best thing is to find a fine 09 m8, and go from there..thats what my dollars say anyway

O

ondast

Jan 31, 2008
North of Sweden
www.pixbox.se
Sorry to keep the hi-jack going but it's an interesting one. My buddy also siliconed the attitude not only around the wires but the whole seam and he put it in a little semi-hard camera case mounted to the dash, and hasn't has any issues. Anyhow it's my understanding and I'm no pro, but am also researching it that at our (Sweden and Alaska) elevations that you should be able to run 8-9# on 100 low lead ( Aviation fuel, if you have that available), but that we should be making more power per 3 of boost given the greater air density. I also am torn about which kit, the Boondocker has ALOT to offer, some very cool features (if they work), and a decent price, Twisted has alot of happy customers and that says lot though you loose the oil injection, but IMO if a guy's not willing to pre-mix then he shouldn't be running a turbo anyhow, the CPC offer the best intake I think and the stage 2 kit sounds just right for low alt. applications. If you go with any race gas set-up you'll have to send in head and throttle bodies and that's not really an option. Good luck!

That sounds like a good solution to the attitude box problem!
I have been thinking about what kit I should run, at first I was looking at the stage 3 kit from cpc but I will most likely not run any racegas so I'm considering to go with the stage 2 kit.
When I was talking to Dale he said that 9psi was the maximum boost I could run SAFE at 1000-2000 feet on AVgas (100LL). So there is no need to go fore the bigger kit.
He didn't mention that I had to do any work on the throttle bodies but I will need to change the head anyway.
Now that I have decided what kit I should run, I have to make my mind up what sled I should use.. 2009 M8 or 2010 M8.!! hrm..

J
Jan 9, 2009
North of Norway
When he said 9psi on 100LL was it 100% 100LL or a mix with 98oct?
I will run 8-9psi on a 50/50mix with 100LL... There is a CF8 in north Norway running 7 psi on straight 98oct pump gas and oem. head...This is at sealevel...

R

Rms Rydning

Sep 30, 2006
North Norway
I thin it was on 100% 100LL..
Okey, 7 psi is pretty good at sealevel i think, nice to hear.
I will have to do some work on the head to get it as good as possible for my setup..
With the right mods,lower compression,enought 100LL then you can run 15psi boost safe.

A

AKkatz

Jan 9, 2008
ANCH. AK
That sounds like a good solution to the attitude box problem!
I have been thinking about what kit I should run, at first I was looking at the stage 3 kit from cpc but I will most likely not run any racegas so I'm considering to go with the stage 2 kit.
When I was talking to Dale he said that 9psi was the maximum boost I could run SAFE at 1000-2000 feet on AVgas (100LL). So there is no need to go fore the bigger kit.
He didn't mention that I had to do any work on the throttle bodies but I will need to change the head anyway.
Now that I have decided what kit I should run, I have to make my mind up what sled I should use.. 2009 M8 or 2010 M8.!! hrm..

I just picked up an '10 and found out that I have to put on the 09 , or some other lower compression head to accept the Boon. PG kit, that's kinda a bummer, also I was told that I shouldn't run 100LL A/V gas because it's too "dry", I gotten opinions on both sides of the AV gas issue. I was also going to go w/the Stage #2 again at our altitude I don't see the point in going to a race gas set-up as we'll never be able to push that kind of boost, we should however be making more power per pound of boost due to the sea-level air density, so can we assume that at max boost say 8# that we could see (assuming 10hp/#of boost) 220ish hp from an 09? Are these assumptions right-ish?

O

ondast

Jan 31, 2008
North of Sweden
www.pixbox.se
I just picked up an '10 and found out that I have to put on the 09 , or some other lower compression head to accept the Boon. PG kit, that's kinda a bummer, also I was told that I shouldn't run 100LL A/V gas because it's too "dry", I gotten opinions on both sides of the AV gas issue. I was also going to go w/the Stage #2 again at our altitude I don't see the point in going to a race gas set-up as we'll never be able to push that kind of boost, we should however be making more power per pound of boost due to the sea-level air density, so can we assume that at max boost say 8# that we could see (assuming 10hp/#of boost) 220ish hp from an 09? Are these assumptions right-ish?

It wont be perfect with the 2009 head, but you can run it, to get the most out of it you'll need to do some work on it. Thats what Dale told me anyway.. and he told me that 220ish hp was what I could expect at 9psi of boost. :) I will be running 100% AV gas (If I can get hold of it).

R
Aug 30, 2008
Rocky Mountians
I have been looking at the stage 1, seems like a well thought out kit. I want PG only I have no plans for race gas.

Now I just need to raise the coin, even at 4K thats alot of money for a 4-5 month a year toy !

M
Nov 26, 2007
Cranbrook B.C.
I will place my order today on a cpc kit, but I'm thinking of what EGT gague I should run? Is the one that Cutler has a good one or should I go with a KOSO?!?!?

both are very nice, the koso is a little easier to see and the blue backlight in it makes it very good in low light conditions also they can be mounted anywhere.

Premium Features