• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PrayN4snow's Stage build/tuning the AXYS RMK 800

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Prayn4snow do you have the bmp trail can ? If so does it have the top and bottom mounts like stock can does. Have not seen any pictures of the back of that can...

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Just got home after a great day of riding the new sled. Im not even sure where to start. Wow, does this thing pull hard! Is surprisingly snappy on the bottom end for having so much pull from mid all the way to high end. I need to still ad more clutch weights tomorrow. During some testing today the Bikeman Stage 3 made some believers! Nice straight hill to test on with fresh snow at 1200ft elevation. We rode a stock Axys 800 same track & gearing and a stock 2014 Pro RMK 800 at the same time. The Full Velocity Can almost sounds stock which I like. Last couple pics are couple friends hanging out.

IMG_4847.jpg IMG_4860.jpg IMG_4853.jpg IMG_4856.jpg IMG_4864.jpg

D
Sep 10, 2014
Just got home after a great day of riding the new sled. Im not even sure where to start. Wow, does this thing pull hard! Is surprisingly snappy on the bottom end for having so much pull from mid all the way to high end. I need to still ad more clutch weights tomorrow. During some testing today the Bikeman Stage 3 made some believers! Nice straight hill to test on with fresh snow at 1200ft elevation. We rode a stock Axys 800 same track & gearing and a stock 2014 Pro RMK 800 at the same time. The Full Velocity Can almost sounds stock which I like. Last couple pics are couple friends hanging out.

How much weight are you pulling, and what rpm are you targeting on the stage 3?

Are you also running the clutch kit provided with the package, or do you run another clutch kit?

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
How much weight are you pulling, and what rpm are you targeting on the stage 3?

Are you also running the clutch kit provided with the package, or do you run another clutch kit?

Im running Bikeman's CNC'd adjustable weights. Im usually from 500 to 2000 ft elevation. I started with 71.5 grams but going up to 72.5 (Im sure Ill still need more) my target RPM is 8350 - 8500 and I'm way over it, so I couldn't keep it pinned yesterday. I forgot to bring the extra magnets with me to add weight while I was out. They are very easy to change (add/subtract) weight and you can add weight at different points of the weight for different shift characteristics. Some pics for some that haven't changed weights before. 1st pic is primary clutch showing BMP weight. At this point you can use a tool to spread and hold the spring closed so you can add/subtract weight or take the cover off (quick way). The 2nd way is taking them out by removing the belt, cover and spring. Note: both are dangerous if you haven't done it. The quick way you should have a clamp (made for holding spring closed) or something like an extra weight to keep from crushing your fingers if you slip. The 2nd way, you need a 3/8" socket to remove the primary cover the danger here is if you have a strong spring it can come flying off at you. If you do it, back each bolt out a little at a time until the tension is reduced. The 3rd way is to remove the clutch completely and put it in a clutch compression tool and is the safest.
2nd & 3rd pics shows the 1/8" allen wrench & 3/8" open end you need if you want to take them out. 4th is belt removal tool. 5th is 3/8" socket to remove the cover. 6th is profiles of different polaris weight compared to BMP's Im pointing at. 7th is other side of BMP's weight on the scale showing hole to add simple magnets. Note: BMP's kit comes with extra magnets and instruction on where to add magnets for each stage of modification. 8th is adding magnets with out removing the weight. If you do remove the cover, look for the X on each sheave or mark it so that it goes back together the same way and doesn't throw off the balance.

IMG_4868.jpg IMG_4869.jpg IMG_4870.jpg IMG_4871.jpg IMG_4872.jpg IMG_4874.jpg IMG_4876.jpg IMG_4878.jpg IMG_4879.jpg

Last edited:
S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
Im using the same bikeman weights but dont have the updated axys clutch setup, can you post a pict of the recommendations for stock at 4000 feet on a axys rmk. Tks

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
This should copy better:
If not it states: for a stock RMK should be at 66 grams with magnets spaced at 1 in the 1st hole, 2 in the 2nd, 1 in 3rd and 1 in 4th hole. This is just where you should start. This is also based on if your running their pink primary spring and black secondary spring with a target of 8100-8250 peak rpm.

Attachments

• IMG_20160117_0001.pdf
    1,015.7 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
This should copy better:
If not it states: for a stock RMK should be at 66 grams with magnets spaced at 1 in the 1st hole, 2 in the 2nd, 1 in 3rd and 1 in 4th hole. This is just where you should start. This is also based on if your running their pink primary spring and black secondary spring with a target of 8100-8250 peak rpm.

Do you know the rate of thier pink spring.
Ive been using 2221 on my stock axys at 4000 feet with stock springs and helix,it pulls like a cummins.

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Last edited:

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Quick ride review comparison of the 3 sleds we rode. The stock 2014 Pro had that familiar feel and power, it pulled any hill easy we were on and was snappy and fun. The stock 2016 Axys 800 was an improvement in power in all ranges over the 14. From quick revving, snappy low end, good mid range and high end, it felt good in all areas over the 14. The Stage 3 Axys was the same quick revving, but very snappy at the low end. One of the guys was a little shaken, and thought "this should only be rode by experience riders". The mid range comes on fast and hard and it was impressive in the tight trees enabling me to lift the front end up and over fallen debris. It is a way noticeable difference over the stock 16. The mid to full throttle pull is crazy! It feels like a full on mod sled and definitely adds to the fun factor! Its torque transition is really broad and the clutching really seams to like the added power. I was over revving, (needed more clutch weights) so I couldn't hold it open so Im excited to ride it again now that Ive added some.
14 was "fun", useful, and used to be my favorite sled of all time. The stock 16 is really "great" in stock form. Im surprised that there is anything left to improve on its that good. Polaris really did a great job on the overall sled. The BikeMan Stage 3 is a "Beast" in my early impression, the pipe is surprisingly quite with the full velocity muffler but a nice growl and is a huge gain in each area of the power band. Im easy to find here is Upper Michigan, come on over with your stock sled so we can compare. I live on a lake and have good boon docking fields behind the house. I can't wait to get some more time on this sled!

MX86

Lifetime Membership
Apr 9, 2008
Bemidji, MN
Quick ride review comparison of the 3 sleds we rode. The stock 2014 Pro had that familiar feel and power, it pulled any hill easy we were on and was snappy and fun. The stock 2016 Axys 800 was an improvement in power in all ranges over the 14. From quick revving, snappy low end, good mid range and high end, it felt good in all areas over the 14. The Stage 3 Axys was the same quick revving, but very snappy at the low end. One of the guys was a little shaken, and thought "this should only be rode by experience riders". The mid range comes on fast and hard and it was impressive in the tight trees enabling me to lift the front end up and over fallen debris. It is a way noticeable difference over the stock 16. The mid to full throttle pull is crazy! It feels like a full on mod sled and definitely adds to the fun factor! Its torque transition is really broad and the clutching really seams to like the added power. I was over revving, (needed more clutch weights) so I couldn't hold it open so Im excited to ride it again now that Ive added some.

14 was "fun", useful, and used to be my favorite sled of all time. The stock 16 is really "great" in stock form. Im surprised that there is anything left to improve on its that good. Polaris really did a great job on the overall sled. The BikeMan Stage 3 is a "Beast" in my early impression, the pipe is surprisingly quite with the full velocity muffler but a nice growl and is a huge gain in each area of the power band. Im easy to find here is Upper Michigan, come on over with your stock sled so we can compare. I live on a lake and have good boon docking fields behind the house. I can't wait to get some more time on this sled!

Where abouts in Michigan? I'm thinking of heading to Rockland area in Feb with my SLP stage 2 Axys, be a fun side by side comparison if you're not too far away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bikeman Performance Plus

Premium Member
Sep 24, 2009
Prayn4snow do you have the bmp trail can ? If so does it have the top and bottom mounts like stock can does. Have not seen any pictures of the back of that can...

Both of our mufflers have the two mounts like the stock can. This keeps everything in there nice and snug!

Updated for guys clutching. We had a slight ramp profile update on our weights this year that helps shift the clutch out a little further up top. We made them 58-80g so no one would get confused with our older style 59-81g weights. ! Check out this updated setup sheet with the latest in weights. These things absolutely love clutch weight with our pipe!

Screen Shot 2016-01-20 at 11.48.46 AM.jpg

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Im not bashing the other companies pipe that is breaking right now, but has anyone weighted it? I weighted my stock one, then the Bikeman pipe I installed. There was great weight savings on the cans (mufflers), however like I stated there was no weight savings on the BMP pipe. It was actually heavier than the stock one and the stock one even had the heat shield and insulation on it. Ive been checking mine and there is no signs of any cracks or problems for what its worth.

Premium Features