• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Actual add on turbo weight

alt

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2010
Livingston
www.alternativeimpact.com
Curious if we can get some input from anyone with first hand experience how much weight exactly a turbo adds to a sled? Comparing apples to apples meaning same kit/same sled, boondocker/ Silber and whatever else is out there. I see some use the rubber hose charge tubes, other aluminum. Looking for actual weight.
Dan

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Definitely not lighter but you lose a lot of weight vs the stock can. But only grandpas and trail riders run stock cans so really you are still adding around 15# with a turbo that doesn't have an intercooler or standalone oil reservoir. If you have those I would say you have a 25# gain. Burandts two sleds were 25# difference I believe between his turbo and nonturbo.

Last edited:
J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
Definitely not lighter but you lose a lot of weight vs the stock can. But only grandpas and trail riders run stock cans so really you are still adding around 15# with a turbo that doesn't have an intercooler or standalone oil reservoir. If you have those I would say you have a 25# gain. Burandts two sleds were 25# difference I believe between his turbo and nonturbo.

This is just about spot on.

+15 pounds vs an aftermarket can. Most kits these days are intercooler-less and oil from the injector oil.

Premium Features