• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hose failure alert! (Coolant-hose/recoil-bolt)

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
P
Nov 30, 2015
SE Idaho
Has anyone had Polaris warranty a replacement coolant hose on the 2016 Axys.. I ordered a new one today $130 bucks..!

Dealer covered it for me when they rebuilt my wrecked sled and they said Polaris was fighting with them on a warranty claim. I am not sure how it turned out for the dealer. I think it is BS if they don't cover it! It should have been a recall. There are plenty of sleds with the issue. I understand the coolant line is a new part # on 2017s. I believe it is longer to clear the rub spot. Thanks Polaris!

OldMtn58

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2015
Took mine to dealer to have low idle & reverse checked told them about coolant hose mine was rubbing, warranty covered everything.

Last edited:
S
Sep 14, 2010
where ever I am
Dealer got my 16 warrantied, they did a great job at that. When I got home I inspected the work, Huh, No fluid in the reservoir. Always double check what others do or you may be surprised when you don't needed it

S
Sep 14, 2010
where ever I am
Drove 1.5 hours up and back to the dealer and picked up the coolant from the Stupid front counter clerk to tell me he thought I was rude on the phone for expressing my frustration with them for not completing there job ! After spending nearly 30 K with them over the last year I was completely taken back, WTF do these people think ? Got home installed the coolant and burped it. Started it up and noticed they forgot to install the O2 sensor, small ticket items yes, I can only think what if I did not check under the hood ? ruined ride for sure and a sled that over heated and throwing codes.

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Drove 1.5 hours up and back to the dealer and picked up the coolant from the Stupid front counter clerk to tell me he thought I was rude on the phone for expressing my frustration with them for not completing there job ! After spending nearly 30 K with them over the last year I was completely taken back, WTF do these people think ? Got home installed the coolant and burped it. Started it up and noticed they forgot to install the O2 sensor, small ticket items yes, I can only think what if I did not check under the hood ? ruined ride for sure and a sled that over heated and throwing codes.

Your sled came with an O2 sensor???????

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Just lost our motor from this, Polaris did cover it though as sled was still under warranty.

This comment begs the question be asked;

Do both of you use the same dealer? Is there a common Technician ( And I use the term very loosely here, my go to descriptor would be IDIOT) that does not realize that the coolant system needs to be full and bled?

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
This comment begs the question be asked;

Do both of you use the same dealer? Is there a common Technician ( And I use the term very loosely here, my go to descriptor would be IDIOT) that does not realize that the coolant system needs to be full and bled?

Wow, they have the same kind of PDI Tech/idiot that is at the dealership I go to. I don't trust they look at/check anything, so I always give my sleds a 100% once over, checking everything. Maybe that's why I've not had a problem of that coolant hose rubbing through on the recoil housing. I saw that right from the get go.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Had a clients sled in the shop and noticed he had a zip Tye holding up this collar- upon further inspection noted that the zip was rubbing a good notch in the hose directly behind this collar that he anchored the zip to. It is a clamp he zipped to.
So just a heads up if others have done this.

View attachment 267595

This is exactly why I'm not a fan of wire tying hoses. This always eventually happens.

Did PI have a TSB for this last year?

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Wow, they have the same kind of PDI Tech/idiot that is at the dealership I go to. I don't trust they look at/check anything, so I always give my sleds a 100% once over, checking everything. Maybe that's why I've not had a problem of that coolant hose rubbing through on the recoil housing. I saw that right from the get go.

That is why I don't / won't take any sleds (or anything else) back to the dealer (warranty or not). The service (usually the lack of it) is not worth it to me, even if it is "FREE".

I would far rather buy without the added cost of a warranty, as I won't use it anyway.

Add to that the closest dealer is 300 miles away (each way). It certainly is not worth my time Taking whatever to them to have them F___ It Up More!

P
Dec 7, 2014
michigan
Mine isn't rubbing.

Guess mine works as designed....

032419ac3cc05bb61a30ba98d7a4d1ee.jpg
i have a 17 800 xcr,mine looks like this now ,think im ok

B

bailer

Nov 26, 2007
Saskatoon
no need to tie it up. I turned the hose where it clamps on the bottle. WALAA now there is plenty of room between hose and engine. The hose has a bend in it. Turn it.

This is the winning answer. I had first zip tied the hose, but wasn't happy with how that was sitting either.

Turning the hose on the bottle keeps the hose up in place as intended, and away from the bolt rubbing issue.

Premium Features