• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Klim Jackets?

M
Nov 27, 2007
Arvada,CO
There used to be three or four to choose from now there's a ridiculous amount of Klim jackets to choose from. How does anyone choose which one is the right one for them? Are you basing your decision solely on price and/or color? Are different ones actually warmer than other ones? Just curious.

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
There used to be three or four to choose from now there's a ridiculous amount of Klim jackets to choose from. How does anyone choose which one is the right one for them? Are you basing your decision solely on price and/or color? Are different ones actually warmer than other ones? Just curious.

I'm sure some are basing there decision on price and color but there is a lot of different options in the weight and warm between the coats and how they are cut also. For example I own two. I have a "Storm" which is my colder weather coat that I use which has a ton of vents in it so if it does get warmer I can open the vents. I also have the Powdercross Pullover which is my go to jacket. it's basically just a shell and fits like a big sweatshirt so it's very comfortable and non-restrictive. Both of these jackets are non insulated as I like to layer below that. But they also have a few jackets and bibs that are insulated. They really have something for every riding style you just need to know what you want the jacket for. Feel free to shoot me a PM on what your looking for and I would be glad to help you out. I don't sell the jackets but there area few site vendors that do.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I strictly run the Powerxross shells, so I can layer, as posted above. With a good underlayer, shirt/jersey, and two different weight fleeces, I am good from 10 degrees to 70.

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
I run the Storm because I wear a TekVest underneath and the Storm has tons of venting. So with the extra heat from the Tek Vest, a good base layer and a light fleece that I pack in my avy bag and use as needed , I am good for all but really cold temps.

For trail riding here in MN when it's sub zero, I run my insulated Keeweenaw and layer as needed.

I actually just ordered a new non-current Powerxross from a guy on Ebay for $159.00. I hear they are really comfortable and all my gear is black. I want to be seen in the trees, so I ordered the orange and gray model.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Premium Features