• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

When is the 18 release?

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota
A 4 stroke wouldn't be pull start, to much smoke as well. It does sound a little different then the current 800... I wonder why its only on the Sweden site and not the US site?

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
A 4 stroke wouldn't be pull start, to much smoke as well. It does sound a little different then the current 800... I wonder why its only on the Sweden site and not the US site?

From years past, the Swedes get info a little bit before we do. Not sure why.

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK

They probably have their own marketing team, and probably run like a sister company.

T
Nov 11, 2008
I have said this before, I would expect an update to the motor performance. Whether that's larger bore/displacement or boost, the HO has been better than the previous liberty.

I would expect a 36-37" option. The apparent taller spindles could be in conjunction with that. Shorter a arms would be stronger and reduce chances of bending. Many guys want a 36" stance. I don't believe it's needed but neither is T-Motion on a G4 but it makes it better/easier for average riders. So why not offer it. Gets something new and improves a arm strength.

Polaris gained on Doo last year in sales. Mountain segment is still the larger of the segments at about %30. Not everyone wants a turbo but a snow check only option to add a turbo to the mountain sleds is going to avoid being in a displacement battle with Doo. Why go to a 858 when you can just add reliable low boost. 4psi on pump fuel controlled to eliminate pre det at higher rpm for safety margins. Sure I might consider one.

P
Nov 4, 2010
I for one have no interest in a 2 stroke turbo, making a short lived motor even have a shorter life is not what I'm interested in at all. Not to mention taking the reliability factor to an all new low. There is no such thing as a pull and go 2 stroke turbo, no matter how many people want to try and live that dream...

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
I for one have no interest in a 2 stroke turbo, making a short lived motor even have a shorter life is not what I'm interested in at all. Not to mention taking the reliability factor to an all new low. There is no such thing as a pull and go 2 stroke turbo, no matter how many people want to try and live that dream...

Have you ever ridden a 2 stroke turbo?:face-icon-small-hap

I'll put a couple pistons in every couple thousand miles for that much more fun factor!

F

FC61

Jan 7, 2014
NH
Looks like Polaris is playing the track length game. Heard SKS will be offered with 146" and 155", SBA is going to 146" and we will also see a 136" with conventional tunnel as the Iron Dog racers used this year.
No idea on what/if any new motor.

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009

Keep driving the truck looking in the rearviews and you are sure to miss what is actually around you...

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska

Tell us how you really feel....

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
The aftermarket 2 stroke turbos are pretty damn reliable and simple to operate. I believe that they are true pull and go systems. There is no reason that I can think of that a factory built turbo would not be even better. At least you would get some warranty too. Guys are getting impressive performance and reliability out of the kits that are out there. I just didn't want to spend $5,000 for one on top of the price of the sled. I don't really need the turbo power unless they make one for me too but if I was 40, I would probably have one.

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
I'm From Michigan and I can tell you these Sleds Rip when they have all the air they can breath ..

A Turbo on a 5-7# spring is about 2-3# here so I guess you are both correct ! If your in the mountains the Boost is doing little more than our normal Atmospheric Pressure ..

Now a Boosted Two Stroke of more than 7# is getting into the definitely not going to live very long situation..

The Builders of the turbos are not going to feild calls from customers with the your kit blew my sled up anymore so the kits with 7+# are now referred to as Race Gas or a cooler added at the very least to increase the volume so the charge is less intense on run of the mill components and Tolerances!!

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
After 60 is when we really need them / so much less effort !

Maybe. However, I went the snowbike route and it is definitely easier on the body (usually). I can't justify having both a sled and the bike right now. The bike is definitely a blast and easier on the body compared to a mountain sled.

Premium Features