• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

17 MC no start!!!!

03Firecatguy

Mar 12, 2011
Aberdeen SD
I have a 17 Mountain Cat that will not fire. Stuck it in a snow bank yesterday that sent me over the bars and bent the steering post. Did no wire harness damage. Sled fired right back up and rode it out, shut it off and fired right back up to load it on the deck. Replaced the post today and now it won't start. The only harness that was disconnected was the hood. Tried unplugging an re plugging that in, disconnected handlebar harness and still nothing. I'm getting no spark, all fuses are good. Any ideas?

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
I have a 17 Mountain Cat that will not fire. Stuck it in a snow bank yesterday that sent me over the bars and bent the steering post. Did no wire harness damage. Sled fired right back up and rode it out, shut it off and fired right back up to load it on the deck. Replaced the post today and now it won't start. The only harness that was disconnected was the hood. Tried unplugging an re plugging that in, disconnected handlebar harness and still nothing. I'm getting no spark, all fuses are good. Any ideas?

Its only not starting after you worked on the sled?

Check all your connections and throttle safety

Phizzer

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2008
Ketchikan, AK
Weird. I would double check to make sure nothing is getting pinched with the post. The kill switch is normally open so that should be ok. The only one I would be suspect of on the bars is the TSS. Is that normall open or closed? By unplugging the handle bar harness your making the circuit open which is either right or wrong.

03Firecatguy

Mar 12, 2011
Aberdeen SD
I'll check that out, but the bars were just laid to the side was all. The post tube bent was all.

Last edited:

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
If it worked until you took it apart it must be something that happened while you worked on it, back track what you did, you'll find it.

03Firecatguy

Mar 12, 2011
Aberdeen SD
Completely fouled out the plugs. Apparently the guy that was watching the new plug we tested with just couldn't see the spark. I should have obviously checked them anyways. Last thing on my mind with 80 miles on it

Premium Features