• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris 2017 Speculation Thread

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Polaris had offered factory wrap options in the past.
It's been a couple years, but I expect that may surface again.

I expect it to be longer.

Refinements to the chassis.
MAYBE lighter.

Timbersled:
When KTM and Polaris had their partnership a few years ago in the 4 stroke quads, did they break ties with each other or what happened? Will Polaris enter into a new partnership with them or BUY them?

The skinny sled discussion had been around for awhile... is this the year it will surface?

Last edited:
F

FC61

Jan 7, 2014
NH
A particular sled, or just the engine in general?
With a comment like that I see a new "XCR" in the mix for this year. Though an updated 600 would be a nice addition to the line up.
Also see a 144/146" crossover in the axys chassis, though the current sba is a tough act to follow.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Basically replace the 2016 Pro-Ride standard RMK with an Axys. Chain case, cooler, 2.4, cheep shocks, steel A-arms, etc. A nice middle class ride, haha.

With the release of the 2015 Standard RMK snow check model... which was loaded with features and a 163 track option at a bargain price. I think that Polaris Industries realized that buyer were willing to pay a PREMIUM for this package...and thus we got the SKS.

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
Ski-doo has several years on the etec and now the 850. They have finally focussed the last 4-5 years on making a trail sled a mountain sled by slapping on components to make it handle like a true mountain sled. They had to pull the skis in toward the center, flex edge track, add t-motion all in efforts to compete with Polaris mountain sled engineers that design specifically for its purpose. The Polaris Chassis works so well most riders that ride polaris are willing to forgo the etec and possibly the 850 to ride the best working chassis in the business. However, the new Doo is looking to be headed in a very competitive direction.

My hope is Polaris doesn't copy all the bandaids other manufactures had to resort to to get their sled on par. If so it may take some of the versatility out of the sled. Thoughts?

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
If u watch the sxs competion goin on between pol and brp one upping eachother,we can expect the same from thier sledding division. On latest snowtrax tv , the development manager for axys gave a run down on the axys (chek it out on utube) and he said with a grin theres more to come.
Also check out the 3inch shootout on snowtrax tv on utube.

P
Nov 30, 2015
SE Idaho
With the release of the 2015 Standard RMK snow check model... which was loaded with features and a 163 track option at a bargain price. I think that Polaris Industries realized that buyer were willing to pay a PREMIUM for this package...and thus we got the SKS.

Local dealer has had 3 SKSs sitting on the floor all season. They are either priced to high or no one wants it? Bring the price down with some compromises and you have a winner. JMO.

dboivin

Lifetime Membership
Apr 6, 2013
Michigan
Local dealer has had 3 SKSs sitting on the floor all season. They are either priced to high or no one wants it? Bring the price down with some compromises and you have a winner. JMO.

that wouldn't happen here in the midwest. Extra SKS sno-checks on the floor were gobbled up so fast it wasn't funny.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
be nice to see a factory turbo or 900+cc motor....:face-icon-small-dis:face-icon-small-dis

The 800cc power plant... is probably the lightest most compact powerplant out there...with the least amount of inertial influence over the sled of any of the sleds out there...

That is HUGE... sure you can make more power with a bigger motor... but what is the trade-off??. and just how important is that to you as a rider?

I have a 2007, 80mm stroke, 900 Dragon... and had a 700 Dragon at the same time... in the same chassis... that 700 sure was a lot better to throw around... and they were within 10 lbs of each other on the shop floor.

Last edited:
Premium Features