• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

AXYS Down on 1500RPM

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
Ya it sounds similar with the exception of the headlights and grip heaters. I haven't had any issues with those yet. If you find a solution please share! Mine will be going to the dealer tomorrow. I ran it this weekend it and its still pulling 7800-8000 consistently. Still fun, just doesn't have that wow factor it had before.

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
Update: Well I finally got my sled back from the dealer. He tried swapping out just about everything on the sled attempting to find the problem with no luck. Finally he called a polaris guru and he told him it has to be fuel related. So they ended up replacing the fuel injectors, throttle body, and reflashed the ecu with a new tune. I went for two rides and it seems to be running about as good as before. So for whatever reason it was fixed by doing this.

On a side note the BMP pipe doesn't seem to pull as much weight as the SLP pipe. I had to pull 2g from my weights to get it to pull the same RPM as what I had with the SLP pipe. But weirdly enough, when comparing side by side with another AXYS with the SLP setup it feels slightly stronger...

M

MBR44

Nov 26, 2007
Gaylord, MI
Good read. I am having the same issues and am about to get a lawyer for a lemon law. I have tried everything. Add, subtracting clutch weight, new 120/340 spring, 61g base indy dan weights. Stock secondary with delrin washer. I was pulling 8350 with slp pipe and can religiously at 76g. It just died one day, 7800rpm. I fought it and took it to the dealer. They flashed it but didn't help. kept taking it back but they didn't seem to be able to help. Took it to another dealer and they reset the tps with the digital wrench. It ran great at 8400 all week. Then it died again to 7800 rpm. I took it back to the original dealer bone stock but. They replaced the power valve solenoid, relearned the valves and flashed the ecu and tps was within spec. It ran 8300 rpm for a day. The next day it was right back at 7800rpm, a complete turd. I checked compression today and it read 108 each cyl, exact same. May be my tester, which is brand new. The plugs are pig black rich. Not sure what to do here, dealer says contact Polaris and get a lawyer. I am beyond frustrated. I will talk to them about the compression and injectors tomorrow. Any other suggestions would be great. diehard, what dealer do you use so I can get in contact with them to maybe help my dealer out and is it still running well. Thanks

M

MBR44

Nov 26, 2007
Gaylord, MI
Not sure, I will have to look at the receipt from the dealer. It was supposed to go with the tps adjustment that the second dealer did but they didn't do it. So the original dealer did it with the valve relearn and solenoid replacement. Seems they deleted a ton of codes, main one was for throttle stuck wide open.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Good read. I am having the same issues and am about to get a lawyer for a lemon law. I have tried everything. Add, subtracting clutch weight, new 120/340 spring, 61g base indy dan weights. Stock secondary with delrin washer. I was pulling 8350 with slp pipe and can religiously at 76g. It just died one day, 7800rpm. I fought it and took it to the dealer. They flashed it but didn't help. kept taking it back but they didn't seem to be able to help. Took it to another dealer and they reset the tps with the digital wrench. It ran great at 8400 all week. Then it died again to 7800 rpm. I took it back to the original dealer bone stock but. They replaced the power valve solenoid, relearned the valves and flashed the ecu and tps was within spec. It ran 8300 rpm for a day. The next day it was right back at 7800rpm, a complete turd. I checked compression today and it read 108 each cyl, exact same. May be my tester, which is brand new. The plugs are pig black rich. Not sure what to do here, dealer says contact Polaris and get a lawyer. I am beyond frustrated. I will talk to them about the compression and injectors tomorrow. Any other suggestions would be great. diehard, what dealer do you use so I can get in contact with them to maybe help my dealer out and is it still running well. Thanks

If the joke of a dealer can't fix your issue and then tells you to contact Polaris AND get a lawyer, it's only fair that you post the dealers name. If he is gonna cost u 10g's cuz u bought a lemon, may as well post his name and cost 16's or more in lost sales.

Although I think that there is more to the story here. I'm leaning towards that u stormed into the dealer and jumped up and down, kicked your feet, made threats etc.

M

MBR44

Nov 26, 2007
Gaylord, MI
If the joke of a dealer can't fix your issue and then tells you to contact Polaris AND get a lawyer, it's only fair that you post the dealers name. If he is gonna cost u 10g's cuz u bought a lemon, may as well post his name and cost 16's or more in lost sales.

Although I think that there is more to the story here. I'm leaning towards that u stormed into the dealer and jumped up and down, kicked your feet, made threats etc.

I did quite the opposite of walked into the dealer making a scene. My sled has been in and out of the dealer since the beginning of January, 6 times total btw 2 dealers, 4 of which are for the same issue, won't pull over 7800, goes into limp mode with no codes to chase. They look it over and try some thing easy that is not invasive and give it back. I ride it for the weekend and same ole story, runs well at first then falls on its face. I take it back with the same problem, basically tell them what to look at and how to do it. I get it back 2 weeks later with the same results. I go back and tell them to try something else and get the same results 2 weeks later. Finally had to go to the owner and complain about the service department, they will look at it, do a generic test and give it back without actually fixing the problem. The wait for the sled got longer each time I went in so I took it to another dealer. Problem is that dealer is 5 hours away. That dealer stated they have sleds with the same problem, they set the tps with the digital wrench, if it works initially but then fails they manually set it, if that fails they replace it. They claim some sleds don't like the digital wrench settings and they have to play with them. My dealer here won't manually reset the tps. We had a hill climb race 2 weeks ago and the owner said they would have it figured out before the race and not to take it to the other dealer, they actually ordered a part this time, the power valve solenoid. It ran good during testing on Friday, 8300 and then during the second round Saturday it went back to 7800. I went back to the dealer this Monday and told them it still has the exact same problem. What are my options. He said they have 3 other sleds with the same issue and cant figure it out. They traded them in at a huge loss and snow checked new ones. They then gave me Polaris' 800 number and said call them. I simply replied that they are going to want me to bring my sled back and have you go through the 11 steps again. Now there is nowhere to test it so then I wait until next winter to only have my sled at the dealer all winter again trying to figure it out. Service manager said I am "special" because I am "in tune" with my sled. Most customers don't notice. WTF is that, yes I can tell when my sled is running 400rpm low, it is a turd. Not rocket science. He keeps telling me they have sleds that are worse than mine I should be happy. Ummm, no I am not happy I have a $14,500 sled that is a turd. I mentioned lemon law to the tech and owner and they said that is the next step. I have never done that but I am not going to ruin another winter going back and forth to the dealer. The service manager said I could bring it in and have the valves relearned every week, what the hell kind of solution is that? I am not going to throw the dealer under the bus until I am certain it is their fault not a "lemon sled". I have owned a lot of sleds over the years, built custom racers and we currently race two stock 800s, a 1500par iqr and a hypersports outlaw turbo, I am may not know it all but I am capable.

M

MBR44

Nov 26, 2007
Gaylord, MI
It is an sks. I have changed the belt, changed clutch weights, springs, added a delrin to the secondary, had indy dan balance and go through the clutch, changed gears and adjusted the chain, adjusted the track tension from tight to loose and all in between. slp pipe and can back to completely stock. changed plugs. compression check. Unplugged everything added dielectrode grease and put back together. Checked codes. **** the dealer had it on the stand and it was in limp mode with no code when connected to the digital wrench. It runs 8300 rpm after the tps and valve relearn then goes to limp for no reason. It is more frequent and happens faster now. Same clutch setup 8300 at wot all day on day 1 then dies to 7800 at wot on day 2. When it pulls 8300 I was running great times and couldn't be beat, then second round I got beat by 3 sled lengths by the same sleds. Buddys said it looked like I hit the brakes. Before the tps adjustment by the second dealer it would flat die on a climb and could barely keep it running, wouldn't start and idle. Never had a problem with that the first 300 miles, all started at the same time. Then let is sit a day and it was ok for a bit. At the last race I ran it straight to the trailer pissed off and let it sit. I checked compression and the plugs are black and wet = limp mode, air temp was 26 degrees. Frankly I think the dealer is sick of seeing it with no idea of a fix so they are passing the buck. If I get nowhere this summer I will make another trip to the second dealer and let them have it for a while. Problem is lack of snow for testing and I don't want to be chasing gremlins all next season too.

R

Ratchit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 18, 2013
here
that doesn't mean the cvt was checked properly??
changing belt and adding derlin washers don't help if primary is not in spec,or secondary.

30 degree difference between the 2 is a problem

dboivin

Lifetime Membership
Apr 6, 2013
Michigan
It is an sks. I have changed the belt, changed clutch weights, springs, added a delrin to the secondary, had indy dan balance and go through the clutch, changed gears and adjusted the chain, adjusted the track tension from tight to loose and all in between. slp pipe and can back to completely stock. changed plugs. compression check. Unplugged everything added dielectrode grease and put back together. Checked codes. **** the dealer had it on the stand and it was in limp mode with no code when connected to the digital wrench. It runs 8300 rpm after the tps and valve relearn then goes to limp for no reason. It is more frequent and happens faster now. Same clutch setup 8300 at wot all day on day 1 then dies to 7800 at wot on day 2. When it pulls 8300 I was running great times and couldn't be beat, then second round I got beat by 3 sled lengths by the same sleds. Buddys said it looked like I hit the brakes. Before the tps adjustment by the second dealer it would flat die on a climb and could barely keep it running, wouldn't start and idle. Never had a problem with that the first 300 miles, all started at the same time. Then let is sit a day and it was ok for a bit. At the last race I ran it straight to the trailer pissed off and let it sit. I checked compression and the plugs are black and wet = limp mode, air temp was 26 degrees. Frankly I think the dealer is sick of seeing it with no idea of a fix so they are passing the buck. If I get nowhere this summer I will make another trip to the second dealer and let them have it for a while. Problem is lack of snow for testing and I don't want to be chasing gremlins all next season too.

you might want to try messaging northstar rick on hardcore forums. that guy seems to have a handle on the fade issues. Just a suggestion. I don't think hes on these forums, east coast guy.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Thx for your side of the story. I feel your pain. Dealer is lame. Calls you "special" and says everyone is happy with their sled so you should be too. Wants you to come in every 2 weeks. Tells you Not to bring it to another dealer but then can't fix it. Incompetence. Giving you the runaround. Post their name. You just got jerked around for a year, had many ruined sledding days, dealer called you "special" because you know how your sled should run and to top it off, it was a waste of $14,500 bit you wanna cut them some slack?
Face it. They haven't done squat for u. They arent your friends. Do they call you on xmas? Do they come to your birthday? They haven't went out of their way for you unless they are getting paid.
Businesses count on nice people like not having the nuts to post the truth on the internet so they can continue with their disorganized and shady business.
If you are gonna take the crap they are feeding then u deserve to lose 14, 500. Now go plaster their name all over the Internet. Why are you covering up incompetence?

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
My dealer is Peninsula Powersports, phone number 907-262-4444, ask to talk to Zach. He will get the info to talk to the guru at polaris that was able to get my sled to finally run right. I feel your pain man!

E
Dec 3, 2013
I did quite the opposite of walked into the dealer making a scene. My sled has been in and out of the dealer since the beginning of January, 6 times total btw 2 dealers, 4 of which are for the same issue, won't pull over 7800, goes into limp mode with no codes to chase. They look it over and try some thing easy that is not invasive and give it back. I ride it for the weekend and same ole story, runs well at first then falls on its face. I take it back with the same problem, basically tell them what to look at and how to do it. I get it back 2 weeks later with the same results. I go back and tell them to try something else and get the same results 2 weeks later. Finally had to go to the owner and complain about the service department, they will look at it, do a generic test and give it back without actually fixing the problem. The wait for the sled got longer each time I went in so I took it to another dealer. Problem is that dealer is 5 hours away. That dealer stated they have sleds with the same problem, they set the tps with the digital wrench, if it works initially but then fails they manually set it, if that fails they replace it. They claim some sleds don't like the digital wrench settings and they have to play with them. My dealer here won't manually reset the tps. We had a hill climb race 2 weeks ago and the owner said they would have it figured out before the race and not to take it to the other dealer, they actually ordered a part this time, the power valve solenoid. It ran good during testing on Friday, 8300 and then during the second round Saturday it went back to 7800. I went back to the dealer this Monday and told them it still has the exact same problem. What are my options. He said they have 3 other sleds with the same issue and cant figure it out. They traded them in at a huge loss and snow checked new ones. They then gave me Polaris' 800 number and said call them. I simply replied that they are going to want me to bring my sled back and have you go through the 11 steps again. Now there is nowhere to test it so then I wait until next winter to only have my sled at the dealer all winter again trying to figure it out. Service manager said I am "special" because I am "in tune" with my sled. Most customers don't notice. WTF is that, yes I can tell when my sled is running 400rpm low, it is a turd. Not rocket science. He keeps telling me they have sleds that are worse than mine I should be happy. Ummm, no I am not happy I have a $14,500 sled that is a turd. I mentioned lemon law to the tech and owner and they said that is the next step. I have never done that but I am not going to ruin another winter going back and forth to the dealer. The service manager said I could bring it in and have the valves relearned every week, what the hell kind of solution is that? I am not going to throw the dealer under the bus until I am certain it is their fault not a "lemon sled". I have owned a lot of sleds over the years, built custom racers and we currently race two stock 800s, a 1500par iqr and a hypersports outlaw turbo, I am may not know it all but I am capable.

There is a fix for that the problem is a bad capacitor above the clutch shorts out and messes up the power valves have him check it

M

MBR44

Nov 26, 2007
Gaylord, MI
that doesn't mean the cvt was checked properly??
changing belt and adding derlin washers don't help if primary is not in spec,or secondary.

30 degree difference between the 2 is a problem

If that is the problem how come I can run it hard for a day at 8300 and then it goes into limp mode until I take it in at 7800, plugs wet and black. If that was the problem it would persist no matter what reflash or relearn did and the plugs would be nice and chocolate brown. The primary still shifts out all the way, I sand and mark my clutches before each race to make sure I am geared correctly and they shift out all the way. Doesn't add up.

I checked, they replaced the capacitor, they called it a solenoid.

R

Ratchit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 18, 2013
here
If that is the problem how come I can run it hard for a day at 8300 and then it goes into limp mode until I take it in at 7800, plugs wet and black. If that was the problem it would persist no matter what reflash or relearn did and the plugs would be nice and chocolate brown. The primary still shifts out all the way, I sand and mark my clutches before each race to make sure I am geared correctly and they shift out all the way. Doesn't add up.

I checked, they replaced the capacitor, they called it a solenoid.

You seem to have all the answers why it's not working and tried everything, yet there's still a problem?

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
When our group ever has weird issues, having another sled to swap parts over to see if the problems follow the parts or stay with the sled is a fantastic way to troubleshoot. I'd be finding someone who can help you with this. I know that you shouldn't have to, but I'd do this versus wasting my time with an unproductive dealer or riding days lost.

M

MBR44

Nov 26, 2007
Gaylord, MI
You seem to have all the answers why it's not working and tried everything, yet there's still a problem?

Please enlighten me how it is the cvt with my current symptoms. I would be glad to pull it all apart again if you have a better idea.

My buddy has the same sks and this is the next step when we get snow again if I haven't figured it out yet. It will take a few beers and leaving his sled at my house to convince him but manageable.

Premium Features