• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How are AXYS Big Bores coming along?

BLSDEEP

Lifetime Membership
Dec 18, 2007
Bozeman
I have to ask. Does anyone have any insight as to how the Big Bore process is coming along on the Axys 800 motor.
Who is building them? and how big can they go?
I'm sure somebody knows something.

Thanks in advance.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Since the physical dimensions of the AXYS engine and the ProRide engine are almost identical...I'd guess 860cc is the upper limit.

This is a small case motor where getting a lot more displacement out is difficult/spendy.

With the new lower cost turbos, with no fuel controller, I'll be a lot go that direction.

But hey.... always fun to play.

Stroker Customs

Lifetime Membership
Jan 17, 2002
CO
Might surprise you! Pretty cool stuff in the works. Just depends how bad you wanna step up and do r&d on your own. If you don't wanna do any r&d then I think it's pretty safe to say you won't see anything this year as nobody had test sleds last year. I think most are still trying to do their R&D.

Stroker Customs

Lifetime Membership
Jan 17, 2002
CO
We have a couple of pretty trick options in the works just to answer your questions directly. We will have a 910 big bore using stock cylinders available for the pro or the axys. We are also building limited builds of a 962 stroker motor all housed in stock cylinders and crankcase. Again this will be available for the pro or axys motors. Should have the first motors to be tested on the snow by the end of January.

BLSDEEP

Lifetime Membership
Dec 18, 2007
Bozeman
We have a couple of pretty trick options in the works just to answer your questions directly. We will have a 910 big bore using stock cylinders available for the pro or the axys. We are also building limited builds of a 962 stroker motor all housed in stock cylinders and crankcase. Again this will be available for the pro or axys motors. Should have the first motors to be tested on the snow by the end of January.

Wow!!!
Now we are talking!

J

Jona$

Sep 29, 2012
Sweden
Specialy how it compares to turbo with reliability,price.fuel consumption etc.etc

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
i really like riding na motors more than the turbos, however in order to make it a viable option, figure total cost for a 220 odd HP setup needs to be around $3500-4000 max, anymore than that the turbo is really the only way to go. Another biggie is you put a nice turbo kit on there, super easy to remove for warrenty issues, easy to put back to stock for sale, ect.
The days of the 10,000+ dollar mad motor are pretty much over, I had about 12k in my 903 motors, billet cranks ect ect, the 3400.00 silber turbo at 15 psi will smoke it every time, sad but true facts in todays world.
What I would like to see is a nice kit that swaps out the cylinder, pistons and head for around 3500.00 and produces a legit 200 hp.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Might surprise you! Pretty cool stuff in the works. Just depends how bad you wanna step up and do r&d on your own. If you don't wanna do any r&d then I think it's pretty safe to say you won't see anything this year as nobody had test sleds last year. I think most are still trying to do their R&D.

Exactly what Turbotater is doing, I believe.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
I can't believe no one had the foresight to start testing these motors last year

Wow that's a dick comment. Ever think it takes time to get parts. Your talking two small guys that all they know how to do is make things run.

If you want something now buy one of the 850's. They run harder than anything out there now in the market.

Stroker Customs

Lifetime Membership
Jan 17, 2002
CO
I can't believe no one had the foresight to start testing these motors last year

I could be wrong but I don't see anyone else offering or testing a motor of this caliber any sooner, not sure what your getting at with this statement

BLSDEEP

Lifetime Membership
Dec 18, 2007
Bozeman
Wow that's a dick comment. Ever think it takes time to get parts. Your talking two small guys that all they know how to do is make things run.

If you want something now buy one of the 850's. They run harder than anything out there now in the market.

Who is making an 850?

Stroker Customs

Lifetime Membership
Jan 17, 2002
CO
Who is making an 850?

It's actually an 851 made by the same guys. 3 of us have teamed up to make all this happen

Stroker Costoms (Steamboat CO)
T8RZ Porting & performance (Hazelton ID)
Mild to Wild Motorsports (Mandan ND)

So you have 3 guys using the best parts, knowledge and machinery available to push the stock motor to its limits yet have a more reliable motor than stock. Pistons have longer skirts so they will be a fix kit in themselves. Stroker crank will have one of the longest rods used to date in a CFI. Lot of time and thought went into building these motors. Take a rip on a 851 and you know the 910 will be the same exact motor with a bigger piston and a longer skirt. The 910 will be the new bigger/better 851

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com

Stroker Customs

Lifetime Membership
Jan 17, 2002
CO
I think he's referring to the 800 HO being introduced in the RUSH for the 2015 season.

I'm sure he was lol. Point of the matter is there are a lot of components that just aren't available still to this day let alone last year on a trail sled. Really big gamble for some small guys to try and make on a sled that isn't in production. What I'm trying to say is last year fuel controllers, pipes, and all the other combinations of things for us to choose from were very limited. It's not a bad thing for people to hold out and choose the best available products to combine with their package. Figured people would rather have the best product available instead of offering updates and revisions because they were in a hurry to be the first on the market. End of the day these motors are the same basic design as the pro motors so technically this has been in the works for quite a few years without the added expense of testing on sleds that are irrelevant. Thanks for the comments as it helps everyone pull together for a better overall product.

Premium Features