• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New after market AXYS RMK parts at Haydays

B&M Fabrications

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Aug 3, 2011
North Branch, MN
www.bmfabrications.com
Nice! I was hoping to see your bumpers there because I have no experience with yours. Can you still fit a skid plate? Does yours bolt or rivet to the bottom as well for extra protection?
Can still fit a Skid plate, bolts to the bottom of the bulk head. There is a thread in the axys section with the details and pictures of it.

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Can still fit a Skid plate, bolts to the bottom of the bulk head. There is a thread in the axys section with the details and pictures of it.

Awesome. I checked out the link and really like the quality and the fact it's American made. Should I order a gloss black one now or wait till Haydays?
What skid plate have you test fit it with and/or recommendations?

B&M Fabrications

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Aug 3, 2011
North Branch, MN
www.bmfabrications.com
Awesome. I checked out the link and really like the quality and the fact it's American made. Should I order a gloss black one now or wait till Haydays?
What skid plate have you test fit it with and/or recommendations?
If you want to pick it up at haydays let me know and I can bring one with your name on it. We test fitted with the polaris Extreme skid plate which should be the same as the Ultimate in the areas that matter for the bumper mounting.

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
If you want to pick it up at haydays let me know and I can bring one with your name on it. We test fitted with the polaris Extreme skid plate which should be the same as the Ultimate in the areas that matter for the bumper mounting.

Sounds good, I'm trying to get all my parts soon so I can get everything done long before the snow flys. Which plate is better in anyone's opinion, the extreme or the ultimate?

carbontj

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
indianapolis
We will be at Hay Days walking around, not is a booth. I will also have a complete skid with me... Our new carbon fiber suspension rails are made to the 2016 Axys design and we can drill the holes in the 2016 rail locations, roughly .500 further back than 2012-2015...You will save 12lbs 10oz with Brandts Fox shocks, or 11 lbs using stock shocks...Our kit comes with 2 carbon fiber rails with honey comb core for strength all Ti bolts, all 7075 alum cross shafts, Titanuim torque arms..you can see pics at Facebook Patrick Custom Carbon. The kit comes assembled for easy install...PM me on Facebook and we can meet and I can show you the skid and work a deal for Haydays...

TJ

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
We will be at Hay Days walking around, not is a booth. I will also have a complete skid with me... Our new carbon fiber suspension rails are made to the 2016 Axys design and we can drill the holes in the 2016 rail locations, roughly .500 further back than 2012-2015...You will save 12lbs 10oz with Brandts Fox shocks, or 11 lbs using stock shocks...Our kit comes with 2 carbon fiber rails with honey comb core for strength all Ti bolts, all 7075 alum cross shafts, Titanuim torque arms..you can see pics at Facebook Patrick Custom Carbon. The kit comes assembled for easy install...PM me on Facebook and we can meet and I can show you the skid and work a deal for Haydays...

TJ

Wow, that's some great weight savings. I know carbon fiber is strong, how well doses it work for the rails? Add a lite weight pipe & can and you really shed some pounds. I'm sure some hill climb guys will add these.

Last edited:

Bikeman Performance Plus

Premium Member
Sep 24, 2009
We will be there with a ton of product! Axys mufflers will be on hand. Pipes will not be on hand at that time, but we will be taking orders and shipping for free. We are hoping to deliver pipes in October. Things have been taking a while to get right with the pipe, but it will pay off!

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
bikeman nice to see you have a low and high elevation pipe. Have you any time on the low elevation pipe last year on the short tracks ?

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT
Funny part about Ice Age's comment is they manufacture all of the rails for the OEM sleds, to the OEM's spec's! Then they redesign them and sell an even better product! Must be nice to double dip!

Ice Age rails are really awesome, and we sell a gob of them!

To clarify,

Our parent company makes the OEM rails for Polaris to their spec. While we are owned by the same person we operate and function as two completely different companies. So for technicalities sake, IceAge doesn't make oem rails in any way shape or form.

Huh? What makes you think the stock rails will "snap like toothpicks"??

When it comes to knowing how a rail will handle hits, when you spend every day of the year dealing with and helping guys fix their busted setups. You get an bit of an eye for what works, and what may not. The new Axys design from polaris has some really trick patterning to maintain impressive strength with minimal weight. That being said, you can only cut away so much material without having issues.

Here is a tip for bending rails.....Add an extra cross shaft and problem solved. the distance in the center of the skid is just too great and allows the rails to bend out and the ends of the rails to bend up. My 16 will have an extra shaft installed before it hits the snow. Eric

The Axys skid design suffers exactly in the same way as the Pro being merely an updated design. That is by far the most common Pro rail failure we see. Rails blown out sideways just in front of the bump stops. And when guys like sheetmetalfab wreck ours, its usually in the same spot. Our bombers help this a ton with no holes at all, but a cross shaft in front of the bump stops does wonders as well with our standard replacements.

:sun: The countdown has begun. Excited to see everyone there!

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com

TJ

Although I'll catch some guff for this one... I'd like to see you take that skid to the extreme... and run Walker Evans air shocks on it... they are by far the lightest mountain shocks out there... Although they are not the best when it comes to bashing moguls or harsh terrain... they are a good mountain sled shock IMO... If you are going carbon/honeycomb/titanium... then take it to the next level with the lightest shock out there. Significantly lighter than the Float variants.

With the good high flow pistons and top notch full synthetic oil (that does not get thick in sub zero temps)... they hold up well.

What about tubular-Ti suspension pivot shafts with threaded spuds welded inside at the ends?

attachment.php

PCC.jpg

Last edited:

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
When it comes to knowing how a rail will handle hits, when you spend every day of the year dealing with and helping guys fix their busted setups. You get an bit of an eye for what works, and what may not. The new Axys design from polaris has some really trick patterning to maintain impressive strength with minimal weight. That being said, you can only cut away so much material without having issues.

So perhaps it would have been more accurate to say something like . . . "it is possible the stock rails may bend in some extreme situations" rather than imply that everyone needs to get your rails because the stock rails will "snap like toothpicks" . . . ? That makes it sound more believable, at least to me, a savvy consumer =)

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT
So perhaps it would have been more accurate to say something like . . . "it is possible the stock rails may bend in some extreme situations" rather than imply that everyone needs to get your rails because the stock rails will "snap like toothpicks" . . . ? That makes it sound more believable, at least to me, a savvy consumer =)
We only hear from guys that have wrecked stuff so maybe we are just a bit cynical ;)

Reality is 95/100 guys will never have issues. Just how it is. But the patrons of snowest have a knack for being in that 5% of people that like to break stuff!

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
We only hear from guys that have wrecked stuff so maybe we are just a bit cynical ;)

Reality is 95/100 guys will never have issues. Just how it is. But the patrons of snowest have a knack for being in that 5% of people that like to break stuff!

I have been through more stock rails than I can honestly count, I have also been through I think 3 sets of Ice Age standard rails but one of those for sure was due to rider error, I have yet to go through Ice Age Bomber rails. They will go on my new Axys before the first ride, simple as that.

One thing about Ice Age is that they always stand behind their products, that goes a long way for me!

Premium Features