• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 axys RMK... beginning to see some details.

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
Heck I've barely gotten to ride my 15, with the snow we've had the last few years and especially this one won't be buying another new one anytime soon!!!

M
Nov 27, 2007
manitoba, Canada
Well mid season this year you were payin $12k for and axys switchback this year. Rmk models are typically cheaper around here. So what's the bets on snowcheck price

I'm hoping for $13k canadian

If my math is right that's 26 days of overtime I need to work to pay for one outright and keep the other for the girlfriend/my back up

I think I can do it. :)

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
^ I hear ya - my ultimate plan was to keep my 2015 163" with e-start for my girl, and snowcheck a new 2016 as well. I really hope I can swing it, cause I think this new sled is going to be as big a step as the 2011 was.

At least Doo caught up for a few months ;)

ndC7M8

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 13, 2008
Sand Hills, North Dakota
I bet we don't - Polaris's official release date is March 2, 2015. Teaser vids until then.

For the entire 2016 lineup. People have been talking about mid-season or early release quite a bit this year. They say the new Rocky Mountain King is coming Friday and from the amount of tease in that video I'd say the whole thing will be plastered all over this forum by Friday night.

Official release and snowchecking starts March 2nd I'm sure. Why not parade the thing around for a month to get all those Golden Ticket holders to jump on board. That would give them 2 months to decide on a new sled and possibly the opportunity of a demo ride since its not too late in the season.

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
For the entire 2016 lineup. People have been talking about mid-season or early release quite a bit this year. They say the new Rocky Mountain King is coming Friday and from the amount of tease in that video I'd say the whole thing will be plastered all over this forum by Friday night.

Official release and snowchecking starts March 2nd I'm sure. Why not parade the thing around for a month to get all those Golden Ticket holders to jump on board. That would give them 2 months to decide on a new sled and possibly the opportunity of a demo ride since its not too late in the season.

im certain the 2016 pro rmk non snow check will be released friday. the snowcheck looks for it, the assualts and so on will not be till march.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont

Boy, I like your thinking. That would be a great way to do it.
Marketing at it's best.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Early release of new RMK = demo rides. I'll bet they've built a small run for dealers around the west to ride with peeps in Feb and Mar to drive snocheck orders. If it's that much better. They know the snow conditions haven't been good, and nothing drives sled sales up like good snow (this is bible and verse in the OEM biz). They know they've been losing share to Doo, they've benchmarked it themselves against the 15 T3's, and they'll want you on the snow with the 15's from Doo and Yamacat and Poo to compare. Just smart business.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Anyone notice that the dash looks like it has a storage compartment like the Doo's? Eric

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Look at the peeps on this thread and how fast posts are getting made. Poo is watching this thread like a pirate watches ****, too. If you have a message to poo, and want consensus, this is your chance - they'll see it.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
I'm a Polaris guy through and through but honestly, please, please, please build a decent motor for this new chassis!!!!

BLSDEEP

Lifetime Membership
Dec 18, 2007
Bozeman
Look at the peeps on this thread and how fast posts are getting made. Poo is watching this thread like a pirate watches ****, too. If you have a message to poo, and want consensus, this is your chance - they'll see it.

Dear Polaris,
If you hit close to 400lbs, and 160 stock HP, and even slightly improve handling over last year......then this new sled with be a GRAND SLAM!

THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC

Agreed. I bet you will see tons of things on this new machine that we've been discussing on the forums the last year or 2.

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
i bet it will be something like this........but rear armature modified to work inside the tunnel. i show it outside for an example

call me crazy but when the rush came out in 2010 i photo shoped it with a longer tunnel and rails and showed the same rear suspension but moved back further for the longer track and in 2011 thats exactly what the switchback was.

2015-800-pro-rmk-155-pr.jpg 2015-800-pro-rmk-155-pr 2.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features