• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

01 800 Summit, how much fuel

M
Dec 23, 2010
Just wondering if they are all bad. I rode 99 kms on SAt. and burned my tank and most of 2 more gallons. It was pretty full when we got out there, about 20 kms. Spent the day climbing with the throttle pinned. Normal to burn that muchÉ

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
thats a little heavy...do a compression check/plug check...if you have good compression and dark plugs drop mains 1 size...also the plastic DPM rails are known to leak..use silicon on all plugs...BJ

M
Dec 23, 2010
thats a little heavy...do a compression check/plug check...if you have good compression and dark plugs drop mains 1 size...also the plastic DPM rails are known to leak..use silicon on all plugs...BJ
I dropped to 490s from the 500s. It runs very clean and strong as I get lower, down around 5000 feet. It'll only pull about 7800 in deep stuff way up high. I redid the ends of the DPM but my buddy pointed out that I need to do the top. 480s safe?

M
Dec 23, 2010
I have the same and use it as a backup sled. Hard day riding and use the tank plus another 5 gals. Great sled but they are gas guzzlers.
Ya, my buddy had a friend with one and said the same thing.
O.K. compression is 140 and 138. That's engine cold. Pluggs are dark, looks li8ke I could go down one more for altitude riding. I'm going to redo the DPM first and try it. Anyone running 480s or smaller in them?

hivoltagesledhead

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Nakusp, BC
I had this sled and it too was a gas guzzler. My wife suggested i buy a new sled cause the money I would save on fuel would pay for the new sled...it was that bad. I got a new 04 rev....what a woman!!!!

Premium Features