• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

under hood shovel mount

W

WAmtnsledr

Jul 12, 2009
going to bring a shovel when i go sledding now, don't have a rack and that would probably drag in the snow anyways, what would be a good area and good way to mount a shovel under the hood?

W

WAmtnsledr

Jul 12, 2009
What sled do you want to mount your shovel in? the 98 ZL? easy to do with an M8 lots of room near the exhaust can.

yeah the 98 zl. okay, i'll see if i can mount it there.

Edit: after further inspection it looks like the best place to mount the shovel would be on the right side of the pipe in front of the can, like you said. would some shovel clamps work out good to hold it there?

Last edited:
T

Trenchmaster

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
I just driiled a hole through the shovel blade and mounted it with a bolt and wing nut to the side panel. The handle goes under the seat, this is on my sons M8.

W

WAmtnsledr

Jul 12, 2009
thanks guys. will see what will be the best place to put it once i try to mount it.

mounting it under the hood because i don't have a rack

8-10022.jpg

I'm thinking either by the chaincase or on the drive guard.

8-10056.jpg

idahoskiguy

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
Boise, ID
Used to carry a shovel under the hood, but have since started carrying it in my backpack.

Why? Because:

1. I always have it when I need it.
2. No more damage under the hood from the shovel.
3. It is easier.

SnowBigDeal

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Dec 17, 2003
Mt. Pleasant, UT
www.snowbigdeal.com
I'm with backcountryislife on this one, UNLESS you already have one on your back. I carry a good shovel on my backpack for if/when I really need it. I also carry a small/lightweight shovel on my sled for when I want a shovel that is quick & easy to access without having to take my pack off.

Premium Features