• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

edge suspension on gen II

T
Feb 25, 2009
Hey wondering if any one has put a edge rails and suspension under a gen 2 and if it will work or not I have a 99 but found an 02 151 suspension and track for a good price but I don't know if it can be done?

S
Mar 11, 2009
Washington
Not too big if deal moving the backing plates and mounting the skid. The critical measurement is the center to center distance between the front and rear mounting bolts. If that isn't right the suspension won't work right. Distance from the top of the tunnel and from the drive shaft to the front mounting location will vary depending on front suspension, size of drivers, whether the chain case has been dropped/rolled, etc.

Another issue is the height of the paddles on the track, and clearance inside the tunnel. For taller paddles you might need to do one or more of the following: change to smaller drivers, drop/roll the chain case, notch the track for tunnel coolers, and/or cut down the lugs/paddles to make it fit.

F
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
I put an '05 switchtback skid into my 00' 700. Not too tough. remove inner steel plates, measured up the front holes, I have measurements if you need them, drill the holes, remount the steel plates and then measure back to the rear mounts.

I put an '05 switchtback skid into my 00' 700. Not too tough. remove inner steel plates, measured up the front holes, I have measurements if you need them, drill the holes, remount the steel plates and then measure back to the rear mounts.

If you could post them measurments it would help as i am putting a 05 rmk skid into my 2000 800. Thanks

F
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
I went 8 3/4 back from the drive shaft and 2 3/4 up from the footwell. I had to measure from where your foot goes as the sled was on the trailer. After I got the front all done and the skid loosely mounted I loosely mounted the rear pads to the skid and set the sled on them. I was able to reuse the stockers. I set the sled on the pads and marked the holes and drilled. The actual center to center measurement should be 29" but I think I ended up @ 28 3/4.

Mounted it all up and 800 miles so far no troubles.

Last edited:
Premium Features