• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any way to mount shovel under hood?

P
Dec 4, 2007
Redmond, Wa
I was wondering if there is a way to mount a shovel under the hood? I hate carrying more than i have to on my back and stove always ends up frozen on my tunnel.

Thank's Sean

D

Dimebag

Mar 11, 2009
On my old 03' Summit i mounted a shovel on the clutch cover. It worked awesome. Would that be an idea?
Dont know if there is enough space on the IQ for that, but its worth a try.

S

snowww1

Nov 26, 2007
You guys probably already know this, but just to let everyone know.

An avalanche shovel should not be stored on the sled unless you already have one in your back pack. Reason is that if your buddy gets buried and your sled gets buried (with the shovel on it), you always have a shovel on your body to help dig him out. Don't keep your only shovel on the sled. This can really mess up an avalanche rescue. Lives have been lost because of this.

Just a friendly reminder. Mike Duffy

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
I carry 2. One in my pack and one in the funky Polaris tunnel bag. I hate taking my pack off to shovel out so I have the one in the tunnel bag that I can pop out quick to shovel with when augered in.

I looked under the hood of my D8 and tried lots of things but couldn't figure out how to get the shovel and handle under there.

sled_guy

P
Dec 4, 2007
Redmond, Wa
Thanks Mike i never thought about the what if factor. And Dimebag thanks for the reminder that's what we use to do with are edges i cant believe i forgot.

slash

Parts Moderator & Chat Box Cop
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 22, 2008
IDAHO FALLS 83404
If you carry one under your hood and you pack the nose in you have to dig out by hand,thats why mine is on my back!!!

Premium Features