• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How hard would it be?

H
Dec 1, 2007
Hey guys not a great tuner here so I have a question or 2 about turboeing an 04 800 RMK. I was wondering how hard it would be to turbo an 04 800 RMK with slp twins. Would it be better to go back to stock setup and turbo from scratch or would this be a dooable project.

Elevation 8000-10000
JETTING pto 330 mag 340
Gearing 19-43
clutching primary alm/red polaris sec. red/blk team weights 64g
2 1/4" extreme track 153 with anti ratchet drivers

Any input would be greatly appreciated and if anyone has a similiar setup numbers would be great. I am not sure if I have to remap and do all of the electronics stuff. Is there someone I could take it to to get this install done?

heinracing

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
mina sd
you would need to go to stock, single pipe then go with a heavier clutching and if you like to just ride and not play around with setups a lot a turbo two stroke is not for you, enless you bought a new machine with efi where they are one time program and run decent all the time

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
you would need to go to stock, single pipe then go with a heavier clutching and if you like to just ride and not play around with setups a lot a turbo two stroke is not for you, enless you bought a new machine with efi where they are one time program and run decent all the time

CPI racing makes a kit.

as for the EFI theory, I see more people foolin around with their boxes than carburators by far!

Dec 3, 2007
CPI racing makes a kit.

as for the EFI theory, I see more people foolin around with their boxes than carburators by far!

X2

I just set mine up based off of CPI's specs for 8000' (obviously taking into account my sea-level elevation) and havent touched it yet.

To tell you the truth it runs pretty well for not properly jetting it yet. I have gone for a couple quick rips with it and its totally ridable, little rich bottom and top and a little hot in the mid. I think if i actually took 5min to rejet it would be perfect!

Just pull the cord and go...

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Yah, the carb turbos have gotten a bad rap over the years.

I partially agree with the 700 instead of 800 theory. There has been some really good running 800 turbos on the forums here. If you are worried about it have Indy Dan toughen up that bottom end.

If you arent a tuner, I would also guess you would have trouble building the system. Find someone with a good kit. Hopefully someone that lives close to you or is willing to take you for a ride and show you how to tune it. I believe the tuning education would be key for you.

Premium Features