• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone else underwhelmed by the SHOT???

I

i'llDooit

Nov 27, 2007
Duvall washington
Pretty sure I had my last ride of the season as I am a snow snob and don't really do the spring slop rides. But I've saved valuable time for my life and future seconds in the agony of waiting for my shot button to start my sled....GOD! this button is slow. As I said before I have to push it 2 times a lot to get the sled to fire up. So today I started pushing it 2 times every time and the first push is a quick hit like you might do with estart, and then right back down for the second time holding it till it starts. Seemed to be a bit quicker rather then waiting for that first push to work.. Woooo. Glad I finally got that figured out. I was gonna take it out back and just shoot the f@ck out of it. Saved my self some bullets..

D
May 24, 2012
I think its easy to overestimate how much snow and ice the sled carries around. Yes, there is a lot of snow and ice on my sled on the cld deep days, but 75 pounds is 9 gallons of water, even if you scraped all the snow and ice off your sled and put it in buckets it wouldn't fill 2 5 gallon buckets, and once that snow melts and all the air is gone the volume will shrink a lot. I'd be surprised if the tunnel and the back end of the running boards ever has more than 2 gallons of water as ice and snow on it, and it's probably much closer to 1 gallon typically.

On a 146" I've picked-up over 2.5 gallons which is what holds my Quick-Wring bucket. I have no drain so I have to pick-up all the water. It all depends on how much ice accumulates because snow obviously melts to nothing.

E
Oct 21, 2008
flat lander MN
Awesome, somebody has a legitimate complaint and we all bag on him. Thanks for an honest review. Hopefully skidoo makes it better.
Seems like it is not as good as e-start, but lighter. Nice info when trying to decide what $14,000 sled to buy.
better than doo talk they would have just banned him for complaining about the Jesus brand

Premium Features