• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

DET at various RPM

B
Dec 19, 2012
Leduc County, AB
In Sicamous, BC this weekend my 15 pro (stock except for clutching, gear down kit and fix kit 2000 miles ago) hit DET 13 times on the PTO side and 2 times on the MAG side. Happened on the trail, in the trees and in the alpine, typically around 7000 rpm with the sled running at normal operating temp of 125. Checked all the spark plug wires and caps, they look good. Replace plugs, replaced fuel filter and am still hitting DET. Has anyone experienced this and found what was causing the issue. My thoughts are

- Loose/smooth belt causing clutch to over rev. Unlikely
- Bad fuel, however I put about 60 litres of shell premium in this weekend and still an issue so its unlikely as well
- Sticky exhaust valves or broken VES springs?
- Fuel Pump?
- Faulty DET sensor? Havent heard of these being an issue in 13-15 pros

Please let me know what you think or if I am missing anything. Thanks

gtwitch

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Laramie, Wyoming
Had same issues on my PRO 11 and was fuel filter and that is all I changed and DET went away and has not come back in over a year of hard riding!! Go the easy route first!
gtwitch in wyoming

PSI 800

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 1, 2015
north west british columbia
I would check your motor mounts, rubber bumpers for your exhaust, check your exhaust to see if maybe something is loose inside, fuel filter and fuel pump. you can remove and retorque the knock sensor with out losing coolant. fuel injectors could be acting up which was the case with my 15 Pro last year.

Premium Features