• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Remote Greasing for oil delete

05M7

Jan 2, 2008
I know not everyone puts in grease zerks when they do their oil delete, but for those of you that do this is for you. I found it a pain to take everything apart just so i could hit the two grease zerks, so i made some lines to relocate those zerks to an easily accessible area.

I used 4AN fitting as they are easily available. And the hose is 1/4" onto push-lock fittings. Basically you just tap the hole for your original 4AN male fitting, then its as simple as routing the hose to where you want the zerks located (mine will be located on the exhaust side just under the aluminum support brace). I also used Firesleeve just to protect the hose from any abrasions. The hardest part is making sure your final 4AN fitting will accept being tapped for the zerk itself (took me a couple to find one that works)

Cat man doo

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2012
Nice. Never did this the first time but if I do again, this looks like the way to go. I've got over 1200 miles on mine without adding anything. I've heard of over 5000 so I should be good for a few more trips to the mountains !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

05M7

Jan 2, 2008
Nice. Never did this the first time but if I do again, this looks like the way to go. I've got over 1200 miles on mine without adding anything. I've heard of over 5000 so I should be good for a few more trips to the mountains !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

ive seen it go both ways, i got 2500 miles on my 07 M8 with no issues and them i had a buddy with a 13 proclimb that his crank let go in 800 miles. so in this one i went the safe route.

Thunder101

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
I don't think it needs extra lube if you run 32:1 , 40:1 is probably good enough but I have always ran 32 and never had the problems that some have posed on SW.
One thing for sure I don't want to be burning grease. M2C

05M7

Jan 2, 2008
I always run 32:1 also. So did the proclimb that lasted 800 miles.... Better safe than sorry I guess

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
The delete had nothing to do with the crank going out. The concern with lubing the center section if for the water pump drive. Just use a bango fitting from the oil line and clamp a zert into it. There is no pressure so it doesn't take much to push some grease in.

Thunder101

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
I would like to hear one person that has greased and has later split the case. I will bet there is no grease.

05M7

Jan 2, 2008
I'm not going to get into the greasing vs non greasing argument with you fellas. Just going off my experience and giving ideas to others.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
what ever turns the crank...anyway i don;t think grease does any harm...if i was to grease i would use lubriplate engine rebuild grease....jmo...

scratley

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Star Valley WY
You guys do realize that the BDX oil delete is the exact same one on the race sleds. And it is a carbon copy of what the other side of the shaft runs on that has never required any lube. Every cat 800 has the same bushing on the backside of the pump. So that being said why would feel the need to just lube half the pump?

05M7

Jan 2, 2008
And if you had a cat race manual it recommends rebuilding the crank every what 40 hours. Like I said for those of you that want to bitch and bicker about the greasing discussion go start your own thread. This was an informative post to help guys that do grease. I'm not telling you you have to or that your an idiot for not, just a quick how to for those that have never thought of it.

scratley

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Star Valley WY
And if you had a cat race manual it recommends rebuilding the crank every what 40 hours. Like I said for those of you that want to bitch and bicker about the greasing discussion go start your own thread. This was an informative post to help guys that do grease. I'm not telling you you have to or that your an idiot for not, just a quick how to for those that have never thought of it.

You missed my point.. What I was trying to say is that the inside shaft on the water pump is still not getting greased, unless somehow you ran a tube inside and drilled the case. And the BDX delete is the carbon copy of the bushing that your factory cat 800 has. So that being said the 12.99 bushing in the parts fisch from cat is the exact same one BDX uses. And to my knowledge I have never heard of one failing. So like you was just trying to inform people that it is not an issue.. I didn't mean to hijack just trying to help. If there is an issue it would be a huge issue as every Suzuki 800 has that bushing on the other end of the pump shaft..

Last edited:

05M7

Jan 2, 2008
The grease point that I pictured is not near as Important as the one on the bottom side of the case (not pictured) that port goes the the center bearings on the crank that don't receive oil anymore. I personally do the one pictured for peace of mind, and that's the one I took pictures of because it's easier to see for explanation purposes. I do agree with you though it's not completely necessary to grease the oil pump shafts however since I got my first race sled I always pull the pump cover off and put a finger full of grease in them. Just saves wear and tear. And old habits die hard....sorry for snipping at you should have taken a second longer to understand where you were coming from.

scratley

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Star Valley WY
No problem! And I agree old habits do die hard.. Trust me I did more research on this than you can imagine. And after talking to multiple builders and arctic cat it just made sense. It was a simple idea that already had 10's of thousands of miles of R&D

05M7

Jan 2, 2008
I do see on my race sleds though if you don't keep grease in that spot you will see brass shavings in that area. Just food for thought.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
yes...aside from the bushings to be discussed which appear to not be a problem...is not the worm gear for the water pump drive the potential wear item that the grease is the piece of mind..??
Personally with all in the 800s that have worked fine i still ran a tube with mine but just add oil once in a while and she smokes then so i know that the area is ok for exposure with the mixed gas...But did not the 1000 motor have an issue with the center bearings being different and not allowing as much wash into the cavity and they had some issues as i recall.

Premium Features