• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tunnel Update.

Lifetime Membership
Apr 27, 2002
Spooner, WI 54801
www.4seasons.com
So after my mishap with tweaking my tunnel the insurance company has cut me a check to fix the machine.

I have a few questions for you guys.

1. I need a new track because mine got cut on the outer band. I love hook up so do I go with a 153 PC 2.6 85 duro or 156 3"? I don't really want to change the drivers and some are saying you don't have to????

2. Is anyone making stronger drop brackets that extend to the top of the tunnel?

3. Is there any difference in the 13 tunnels from the 12's? I would like to go with a powder coated tunnel?

Then that got me thinking do I just try and sell it to someone that likes projects and could give them a good deal on a 2012 HC 153" since I'm not going to ride it anymore this year?

KJP

tunnel damage 013.jpg tunnel damage 003.jpg tunnel damage 012.jpg

K

kcdavidak

Dec 4, 2007
ketchikan,ak
fix it

maybe i'm missing something here in pics, just get new rear mount and rivits and put new one on when you swap track. all I see is a little ooops no big . an air rivet gun a couple stepped drill bits ,a punch a little chisel and some clamps. I could change that out in 30 mins. my vote is for fixing it .good luck david

S

samiams2

Nov 14, 2009
MN...stupid poser flatlander
I have done very well with taking the insurance money and selling the machine as is. Just did it with my 13' actually. Be honest with people about what they will need to fix, and you usually can find somebody who Is looking for a deal, and likes a little bit of a project. You can hook them up with free agent and she can get parts for them cheaper than insurance quoted you. Plus insurance usually includes a bunch of stuff you don't really need to replace, insulation decals stuff thats scuffed but not broken etc. You pocket the difference and the labor costs. I have been able to make $1000's doing this. You aren't screwing anybody over, and you don't have to hassle with insurance about whether you fixed it completely or not. I've had certain insurance companies be real sticklers about that. Then you can get the 14', better investment, and you get the track you're looking for anyway.

Just my .02.

Lifetime Membership
Apr 27, 2002
Spooner, WI 54801
www.4seasons.com
I will post some pictures of the machine tomorrow and I guess I will look at offers. If its not sold by next week I will start ordering parts.

Thanks guys.

KJP

Sled208

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2010
I had the EXACT SAME THING happen to the right side of my sled. It's a 2013 high country. There has to be a manufacturing issue

Sled208

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2010
So..... As stated in another thread, i installed a tunnel to repair the issue the OP posted. When i put mine together i put M6 Huck rivets (part number 1623-241) in the 4 holes where the suspension bracket is riveted to the outer bracket and into the bumper. My damage was definitely caused by the failure of the standard steel rivets. I was concerned enough about these that i took my brand new m8 LE and dropped the rear suspension drilled out the rivets and replaced them also.

Premium Features