• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MY '14 PRO RMK build for my Daughter

S

SNWMBL

Feb 14, 2010
AK
AK, I cannot see them from my iphone anymore, but I can see them just fine on my wife's laptop. Not sure what the deal is.

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
I'm on a iPhone so that's probably why.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
My Brake Choice

For reference here is the stock QD Disk
picture.php

Stock QD Brake Disk; 835 Grams

picture.php

Stock Yeti Brake with the 28mm 17 Tooth splined hubs that they used thru MY '17; 304 Grams

picture.php

My re-hubbed Yeti disk (it is now a 1" 15 Tooth spline). As a note the MY '18 Yeti's should have 1" 15 Tooth hubs from a brief conversation with Kevin. The 1" 15 Tooth hub I machined from some old aluminum triple roller chain gears and used some Titanium Bolts; 315 Grams, the real MY '18 1" 15 Tooth Yeti hubs should save a few grams.

picture.php

Where the brake will reside on my sleds. Under the driven clutch on the drive shaft (I've removed the plain bearing end and installed another splined end on the aluminum shaft.

picture.php

My re-hubbed Yeti disk with my customized Wildwood caliper; 831 Grams, 4 Grams Lighter than the stock disk alone!

picture.php

This pic shows the size of the Yeti Disk, it fits inside the C3 58 Tooth lower sprocket. This allows me to maintain symmetric protection pods for both sides of the driveshaft, as my drop and roll puts everything driveshaft related lower.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Complete Driveshaft / Brake Assembly

picture.php

The complete drive shaft with 58 Tooth C3 sprocket, Wahl Brothers Billet aluminum flangettes, standard bearings for prototyping (it will get Ceramic Hybrid bearings when time for final installation), Happy Face Collar with fasteners upgraded to Titanium, 9 Tooth 2.86" Pitch involute drivers (custom made by C3 for me), Yeti Disk with my hub, my large flange flangette holder which also doubles as the brake mount, the P2 Wilwood caliper has been upgraded with Titanium bolts and a Titanium brake pad pin, Titanium mount bolts as well as Titanium shaft bolts, also for spacers where needed I use 1" bicycle headset spacers (usually use aluminum but are available in Titanium and Carbon fiber as well); 5217 Grams
This is with steel skidoo shaft bolt washers (these will be replaced with Titanium washers when I get around to having them water jet from some 1/4" Titanium plate I've had for 20 years), There is still some trimming / profiling to do on the brake mount, this is the first one just to visually check all clearances and dimensions in 3D, essentially to verify I was not overlooking anything in the CAD process.

Last edited:
Premium Features