• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BCA MtnPro Tunnel Bag on the 850

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Yeah, 5k was a little big. HAHA.

Can you go about 1280?

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
Wow! Not the response I was expecting from BCA. After a couple days of no response I decided to call them. Explained the circumstances and they said too bad so sad. They said the bag is not waterproof and it may only be water resistant. Also that the waterproof dry bag inside is not a dry bag nor waterproof. I said all of your marketing and online videos say they are. They said sorry we can't help you. They did offer to replace the bag if I paid to ship the one I have back but said it would not solve the problem. Also they said they can not offer a refund because it has been used. Are you for real? Unbelievable !

Here's a direct quote from their website:
Compatible with all sleds! With the MtnPro Tunnel Bag, your extra shovel is accessible and secure-along with all your extra gear for an unexpected night out. This low profile snowmobile tunnel bag includes a breakaway carry strap, external shovel carry, venting system, waterproof interior drybag, drain hole and interior pockets for small items.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFesj8Hyxv4

Super disappointed in the level of service and the bag itself. I would not recommend this bag at all.

Last edited:

ryanjeri

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
ID
such a shame, looked like a nice bag.

I too am in the market for a different bag /gas setup.
I just purchased the doo jerry can, which has their securing system, previously I was using the Mountain Addiction setup with the small can and bag. I wanted to carry more fuel, I thought about going with that setup again because I did not have any problems with it, but they were not at the Utah or Idaho snow show's, and I am a want it now type person.

Last edited:

yamiman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
ND
Man that stinks, i was also going to go with the BCA pack until I read this. That was pretty piss poor on their part giving a response to you like that. Im going to try the large Mountain Addiction bag as I have heard good things about it. Was also going to try the powder keg but seems to big and bulky for me.

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Glad I saw this. This was going to be a X-mas gift to myself.

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
I'm still pi$$ed. I've never received such poor service from a "reputable" supplier in the sledding industry ever.

T

Trailsweeper

Jan 16, 2013
Well that sucks.

I would just hose it down with some camp dry or similar and get a couple of large ziplocks. see if iy works out.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
This is lovely news... bought 2 of the bags at the Utah snow show- and mounted them in anticipation of the snow we haven't received to full satisfaction.. These were replacing the 2 tunnel bags that were a poor wet bag itself... and now....... I have 4 moisture absorbing products!

Sure was hoping for a different answer than the one you received from BCA- Makes you think twice of what they stand behind these day's.
Great company- but I will stray for sure.

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
I keep my spare gloves and socks in a Ziploc.

Obviously its something that has to be done with this bag. Defeats the purpose when you buy a bag with "drybag" in it.

Got a call from the higher ups at BCA today. She said sorry. Not a sorry as in we did wrong but a sorry as in we can't do anything for you. She said their "system" would not allow it. She offered to to sell me a backpack though.

Please take this in consideration when buying products from them.

J

jph3

Dec 6, 2007
Edwards co
Bummed about this... mine showed up while I was out of town. Cant return it either, so maybe I will sell it.

96-ramair

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2012
Obviously its something that has to be done with this bag. Defeats the purpose when you buy a bag with "drybag" in it.

Got a call from the higher ups at BCA today. She said sorry. Not a sorry as in we did wrong but a sorry as in we can't do anything for you. She said their "system" would not allow it. She offered to to sell me a backpack though.

Please take this in consideration when buying products from them.
I'm sure bummed to hear about your experience. I had a similar 'no response' experience with BCA in regards to my MtnPro Vest, but figured it was due to the odd question (I wanted the shovel handle clamp used on the Turbo 25 pack for my MtnPro Float vest to stop the shovel handle from swinging around so much; emailed them about it, never got a reply). I like the design, but if it's not going to perform the basic function of keeping my stuff dry, the other bells and whistles won't matter. Fingers crossed, I guess... :(

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

A
Dec 18, 2008
I too was going to buy one but not now...doo bags are too ugly though....stumped!

Would love to see picks oof your sled though...that wrap looks sick!

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
Last edited:
B
Nov 25, 2016
I am going to give the bag bag a go with the whiteout tunnel bracket as mentioned earlier. I am hoping the water leakage is an isolated event. I will follow up in January when I have a chance to run some miles on this set up. I am going to treat the bag with water repellant as well to be proactive. I think this could be a nice set just needs a little TLC like anything else in this sport.

Premium Features